Default Surface Shaders for G3F?

As you can see Maryanne is a bit pale. The WhiteOut issue I have read about in these forums..

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/62617/brickyard-error Is there a way I can force the Default Surface Shader on this toon?

That should get me more than useable results for my purposes. Ty in Advance. BB.

MaryAnne_WhiteOut_Issue.png
338 x 535 - 167K

Comments

• I'm not sure what you mean - you could certainly use a diffrent shader, which would avoid having the white-out issue with AoA SSS sahder if that is the problem here. You could also use one of the older shaders, such as uberSurface, which have more options - for uberSurface there is already a preset to apply it (for the Daz Default Shader you'd have to use a skin set that already has it, pressing ctrl/comd while applying it, or you'd have to save a shader preset from something that uses the shader and apply that to your model's surfaces).

• Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61 Posts: 300

Thanks Rich, was getting close to that myself. think I've worked out how to save the preset. As always I appreciate your help. BB.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited July 2017

The closest thing to a default skin shader are the character materials provided with the Genesis 2/3 starter essentials.  Genesis 2 mats are called Bree, Genesis 3 mats are called Jeane.  But applying these materials also brings in the textures too.  Holding down Ctrl key can turn them off, as mentioned above.

Other default shaders can be found My Library -> Shader Presets.  Note that these are not necessarily setup for skin.  They are just base shaders.

- Default shader (DAZ Studio default)
    - Subsurface Base shader (AoA_subsurface) (Age of Armour)
    - OmniFreaker UberSurface Base (omUberSurface)
    - Iray Uber Base Shader (Iray Uber)

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61 Posts: 300

Thanks Ry