Dynamic Tunics and Sashes for Genesis 3 and/or Genesis 8

One of the most useful products I've purchased are the dynamic tunics and sashes of Medieval Fantasy – Dynamic Clothes for Genesis and Genesis 2. The tunics and sashes of this product can be used in a number of different renders. They can be used as costumes in Medieval, Greek, Roman, Middle Eastern, and Fantasy renders. Daz released a set of these tunics and sashes for Michael 4 and Victoria 4 in 2011, and Daz released Medieval Fantasy – Dynamic Clothes for Genesis and Genesis 2 in 2014. Since Daz has created versions of these tunics and sashes for generations 4, 5, and 6, I was hoping they would create new versions of these tunics and sashes for generation 7 figures. Even though Daz has already released Generation 8, I still want to suggest a set of new tunics and sashes, with Iray and 3Delight materials, for generation 7 figures. If Daz doesn't create versions of these tunics and sahses for generation 7 figures, perhaps they can be made for generation 8 figures. I've attached a render of these tunics below.   

Dynamic Tunics.jpg
846 x 569 - 177K

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Note that "clothes made for V4/Genesis/Genesis2/Genesis3" that won't work with other figures unless you convert them isn't really relevant for dynamic clothes — fitting clothes to only one figure is only for conforming clothes. If the dynamic clothes matches the figure that's wearing it, that makes it easier to set up the starting pose, that's all. Once you start draping the dynamic cloth, fitting to a figure is irrelevant.

FWIW, I don't think I've ever bought any of these "re-releases", it's always possible (although not always quick or easy) to manually pose the clothes so that it's more or less in the right position. Any bits that don't quite fit or poke through will fix themselves during the drape.

I think there's really only two things that would be needed in a revamped version; current .duf format files for the actual clothes, which are less fragile and less prone to fail on load than the old .daz files, and modern Iray materials.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I no longer use Daz's Dynamic system, IMO it is close to being abandoned. There are very occasional releases by a PA who promised new stuff and delivered once many months after the fact.

I use VWD which makes all of Daz's clothes useful by 'converting' conforming clothes; it does take some work and practice however, but is definitely worth it.

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686

I still use the Optitrex system. Sometimes I do research on it because I like to keep up with it, aaaand the (unfounded) rumor I've been watching in the past 6 or so months is that the engine's rights were bought by another company. It took a lot of random searching to find that mention. I only remember it looked official at the time.  I doubt I'd find it again. But even though VWD should be nice - and I have it - of the three (or 4 if you count Blender) dynamic engines I have at my disposal, the DAZ one is the one I always end up going to. So ever so often I go to the suggestion threads and make suggestions about it because.. you never know... and it's not costing me money to try or anything.

SpottedKitty is right, to be back to topic. You shouldn't need new tunics and sashes for Gen 8. I'm switching dynamic clothing back and forth from character to character all of the time. And those are nice tunics.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,897
    edited July 2017

So, does anyone know what the current status is on the various third-party dynamic-cloth pluggin thingies for DS?  My understanding is there were at least two different people developing one, but that at least one of those developers may have shelved theirs.  I want a general-purpose dynamic cloth thingy that works with any clothing or fabric item, as apposed to one that relies on a particular third-party dynamic cloth pluggin that only works with that maker's specially-made-for-it clothes.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

VWD at Rendo is a very competent system; it does require work (it isn't just a case of clicking one or two buttons) and there is a learning process. Because it can convert anything (pretty much) there can also be a case of trial and error.

... I use it a lot, including for making hair 'poses' look more believable.