Beach Iray Environments

2»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581
    ...that is up there. Must have some late summer sunsets.
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

Nights are drawing in a bit again now but it's not unusual for it to still be light on a good day well after 10PM.  And we get some sunsets where it looks like the sky is on fire.  Of course unfortunatly the reverse is also true in the Winter!  

01eaccbcafb103d0625fa25dabe11aef96d71fce8a.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 483K
    015e263e246b912e0a26376e82f78eecbb6a33d291.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 449K
    0148d926410de1b6d836db9ac11247a56259b4ad99.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 505K
    ...nice. Hmm twilight almost until midnight. So does it ever break 70F in the summer there?
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192

Barely and not very often.  Caithness (the county we're in) is pretty flat so we get a fair bit of wind most of the time which makes everything feel cooler.  Especially if it comes in from over the North Sea way then it can be really bitter.  But it really is a lovely town though even if it does sound like I'm selling us a bit short.  And thanks to the wind and the Pentland Firth which separates us from Orkney we get amazing waves for surfing.  The Firth is where several tides meet so it means that Thurso Bay gets waves that people compare to the best places in Hawaii.  And we have some stunning beaches as well, if not always the weather to enjoy them without a coat on.  

Where are you yourself?  

edited July 2017
    ..."expensive" Portland Oregon. In spite of the popular belief that Oregonians have webbing between their toes, we actually have rather nice if not warm summers here. Was 91F yesterday and we already had one day where it hit 101F. Oregon actually has a high desert east of the Cascade range. Portland is actually about 70 miles inland from the coast in what is known as the Willamette valley. The ocean water here is also cold fed by the Japan Current. It's a beautiful area but you need money to afford living here these days (about 55,000 to 60,000USD a year). As I am a retired pensioner (Social Security), I'm considering moving overseas to where the cost of living is lower.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've love to go to the Orkneys and see that 5000 year old furniture made out of stone. I think they also have combs made out of stone or deer horn too!

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    Taoz said:

Just select the Environment Tab, click to open the Background menu and Browse to the picture you want as background.

cool. Thanks for the info about this. Never tried that before but it works great :) And nice photos are easier to get than HDRIs

• BlantyrBlantyr Posts: 90

I've created a few of my own 'beach' scenes using the old "Ocean Wide" rolling water plains with newer iRay sand and water shaders.  Just use two Ocean Wide planes, angle one of them to create the sandy gound raising throught water level effect, and apply shaders.  Not profound, but it gets you control.

...I've also used First Bastion's Rolling Plains using the desert shader and dialing down the height for the beach and the same sea disk that I used in the tsts above.  Here is one of the better results (albeit an older 3DL render).

Leela Swimsuit Final.jpg
    1250 x 1400 - 1M
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557

About Summer Island, the props are too big, I recommend to reduce the scale to 75%

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    kyoto kid said:

...if you are just looking for a wide open expanse of beach, the Beach Pod has a nice large beach ground plane that can be converted to Iray. .

https://www.daz3d.com/beach-pod.

There is also this which can be applied to a plane primitive (also a PC+ item)

https://www.daz3d.com/seaside-shore-shaders

I don't want to do necroposting, but I found this thread just now thanks to search, so other people may be interested as well.

There are Iray shaders too, at the same price: https://www.daz3d.com/ground-shaders-for-daz-studio