Beta - G8F Carrara preset

124»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yoo haz the cms running?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

Yes. try this:

Load in Genesis 2 or your 3 or 8. Then load in some clothes made for a different version of Genesis and Fit-To. The menu asking which figure the item was intended for doesn't open, does it. Not like it does when we load in a V3 clothing and Fit-To, which brings up a dialog. Genesis DUF items just try to fit without asking.

tryin not to get too excited.  
    looks like Mike 8 toes don't have the problems Vick 8 has.

got the morphs workin.  still workin on pose controls.

m8 cap.JPG
    906 x 506 - 117K
    m8-2.png
    1200 x 900 - 273K
    Mike8-1.png
    1200 x 900 - 267K

i can open those make-up layer pngs now  (tyheart)

the ones i wasnrt able to open cause of color layer depth error.

but i dont know what to save as for carrara.  tif mebbe?

2 months of fiddling, still havent found why the victoria 8 body morph does that thing on 3 toes.
    1st, why thos 3 toes   
    - tried testing if the blended rigging conversion did something, but her rara preset works fine in DS
    - dont see is a single axis scaling thing

• Misty,

Feet are overrated. That's why God invented shoes. laugh

e vero, lol.  ballet toe shoes!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Mistara said:

one of these is a IDL render smiley

kerissa hair - blended

Ana Lucia character

lingerie robe was bit of extra work.  besides converting to blended, had to transfer the Ana body morph to the clothes, used the ds transfer utility, then save it as a new product to save the morph transfer

Misty, what is the room in your renders?

Vyusur said:
    Mistara said:

kerissa hair - blended

Ana Lucia character

lingerie robe was bit of extra work.  besides converting to blended, had to transfer the Ana body morph to the clothes, used the ds transfer utility, then save it as a new product to save the morph transfer

is the All Round Living by lilflame, rmp

woulda made for a sexi pinup room smiley sigh  i'se still working on kapow entry.

Thank you, Misty! You didn't mention that it sells on Rendo.

Mistara said:
    Vyusur said:
    Mistara said:

kerissa hair - blended

Ana Lucia character

woulda made for a sexi pinup room smiley sigh  i'se still working on kapow entry.

Me too. I wish time could sit still for a while when I'm in Carrara. frown

Mistara said:
    Vyusur said:
    Mistara said:

kerissa hair - blended

Ana Lucia character

Me too. I wish time could sit still for a while when I'm in Carrara. frown

winterfell is coming, be sitting inside mostly at puter smiley  barring zombie pocalypse

Vyusur said:

rmp = Rendo market place smiley -  spelling it out may spell doon for this post cool

Thank you once again! I beg my pardon for my slownessblush

Vyusur said:

Thank you once again! I beg my pardon for my slownessblush

Same thing happened to me. Sometime these acronyms just don't compute at first - until someone clears us up! ;)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mistara said:
    Vyusur said:

rmp = Rendo market place smiley -  spelling it out may spell doon for this post cool

Not if the mention of it was in answer to a genuine question.  It is only the unsolicited links to Commercial products that are removed.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858

Now I have an interesting question 

Carrara scene files are self contained 

I have ported many between my old laptop and other computer of various figures for which I have no matching equivalents on the other machine,

I didn't even need a DAZ runtime or Library 

the only thing that has ever been missing is textures or some extensions if added

even my Virtual world Dynamics and Mimic car scene files now work ported to my Windows 10 machine with neither installed 

but 

my saved scenes with Misty's figures don't port over with skeletons attached

I am wondering what Carrara could be referencing that is missing 

I will get around to installing her figures to my DAZ library but it really shouldn't have mattered as any saved car scene should work regardless of content on the PC as I have had my external on the other one with my entire DAZ library on it unplugged and still used saved car files 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

As far as I knew it is only textures that are external to a .car file so I'm as mistified as you - or should that be Misty-fied!

wuhoh  i saved a few characters to be self contained in carrara files?

sounds like it didnt save the converted weight mapping

i've seen an issue with saved shoes and toes, it sometimes turns into stretchy goo when loaded from a saved carrara file. depending on the shoe rigging. g3 feet have like a bone handle for the set of toes.  g8 feet rigging changed the bone order

PhilW said:

As far as I knew it is only textures that are external to a .car file so I'm as mistified as you - or should that be Misty-fied!

Lol

any other feedbacks on the betas.  i prepping a beta 2.

they don't presently have their skin textires, daz defaul shaders.  the aoa shaders aren't happy situation

and i'm curious if adding a triax version would let poser dson users use them in poser, since the export cr2 doesn't help them.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,858

yes I am stumped as the file worked on my other computer

I see no reason for it not to save attached