How To Save Expressions and Poses in DAZ Studio?

FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041

When I want to save facial expressions, and poses - what do I save them as - if I want to save ONLY the pose, or only the expression?  Do expressions and poses get saved as different kinds of files?  Or just one file format for both?  When I save a character I've created - I keep losing the facial expressions.

Thanks!

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,955
    edited June 2017

Depends on what you click on ......when I save a pose I save all rotations only, but I don't normally save expressions with the pose ,I save them seperatly then I click on the head and unclick everything else  .....don't know if this helps are you saving the character as a pose or a morph? If you have a character dressed ,posed and with the expression that you want it's easier to save as a scene preset , then you can just bring it up ready to use

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Fauvist said:

When I save a character I've created - I keep losing the facial expressions.

When you say this, I find I don't understand the question.

Help me to understand. What are you saving characters you've created as?

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041
    Fauvist said:

When I save a character I've created - I keep losing the facial expressions.

When you say this, I find I don't understand the question.

Help me to understand. What are you saving characters you've created as?

I'm saving the custom characters as Character Preset, and on the icon for the saved character it says Actor.  When I save the character, the facial expression is not saved.  I want to be able to save just the facial express, or the pose of the body.  Ideally I'd like to save the character with the facial expression included, AND be able to save the facial expression on it's own.  In Poser you simply just save POSE, or EXPRESSION.  I don't know what the equvelant is in DAZ Studio.

Thanks!

• Expressions are poses, so they won't be saved to Shaping or (by default at least) Character presets. A Pose preset will save them.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041

Expressions are poses, so they won't be saved to Shaping or (by default at least) Character presets. A Pose preset will save them.

How do I tell if a slider is a morph slider, or an expression slider?  Like - raised eyebrows can be an expression of surprise, but also a morph.

• The poses should be in the Pose Controls group, not the shapes under Actor. Poses will show in the Posing pane but not the Shaping pane. Also, if you click the gear icon on the slider and go to Parameter Settings the type will be set to Modifier/Pose.