Step by step instructions for how to save my character please.

viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
edited March 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Could someone be kind enough to give me step by step instructions on how to save my v4 characters. So i can quickly reload and load them into my scenes.

Whenever i make modifications to bought character injections it all works fine and saves fine. However when i load the scene again the face gets reset to standard v4 and i cant always use the injection again. Without starting from scratch.

A example:

1. I buy a character named "DuduShe."
2. I load the v4.2 character in Daz. Then use "DuduShe" face injection.
3. Im not happy with the look on her face. So i make adjustments and save it.
4. Now when loading i get this error: *Look at the picture for the error.*

Ignore that it says Sabby Dixie, becuase it happens with every v4 character i try to modify.

Sometimes it works to modify 1 part at a time. For example make lips smaller. Then save and restart Daz.
Open and make her eyes bigger. Save and restart. Etc.

I tried to make a scene with 2 copies of her. But that gives the error every time i try to load.
I have 2 saves with her. Where she is just like i want. She's alone in both scenes. When i try to merge the scenes together to get 2 copies of her in same scene i get that same error.

Is there any fix and how to apply it?

error.JPG
487 x 202 - 25K
Post edited by viluvulu on

Comments

• edited December 1969

I think the problems is the Sabby Dixie one, so try to re-install the Sabby Dixie one (Daz version) , or copy the runtime folder again (Poser).
    But it also possible that your V4 has been injected with Sabby Dixie injection morphs before (You can check it on your parameter tab, morphs). Try to remove the injection first before you inject with another character morphs.
    If the problem still exist, maybe you should start a "brand new" V4 character. (not your saved scene, but load a new cr2 one). Hope it will work.

Sorry for my English.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Most of the stuff is in the "My Library" folder.

I've been figthing with this for some time now. And the problem dissapeared for now. It happened 9/10 times before. Now it wont happen anymore. I can edit her as much as i want. And when i load the scene all is fine.
    This is not good, because i didnt fix anything. It will most likely happen again when i create the character i want to keep.

I suspect i have some morphs that dont want to work together. And i have been trying all combinations that i can think of. But no errors yet.

Alot of combinations here:>
    1. Load stock Victoria, apply character injections, edit face. Save and restart.
    2. The same, but apply morphs ++
    3. Same but apply pefect v4.
    4. Same but without morphs ++.
    5. Creating 2 identical character side by side and so on and on.

I'll paste what i wrote in another forum to give more info on this matter:

"Tried a different approach by starting from scratch with a new scene. Added 2 Victoria 4.2.

Gave them Morph ++ and elite. Applied face injections for both.
    Then dialing the lip size for the first Vic, then the second Vic.

Then toes etc. One dial by dial.
    Saved as a scene. Just the two identical characters in it.

Restarted Daz and loaded up the file.

This time i got alot of errors just like on the picture. Not just 1 or 2. Alot..
    But this time the faces got saved but not the bodies. They were stock Vic bodies."

daz.JPG
    576 x 664 - 67K
  • viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited March 2013

It seems to happen if there are 2 characters in the scene, with atleast one of them having a face injection.
    Giving the other one same face injection doubles the risk of error.

What seems to work so far is to give the face injection to only one of them. Save and restart Daz.
    Injecting the other character with same injection and saving & restarting.

When loading the scene it gives the same error again. But this time if i just load the scene again everything works and no errors!

Now the question is how long will this work before they look like monkeys again? :)

Edit.
    Didnt last very long...

Double and triple checked everything. Reinstalled all the v4 characters i tried this with.
    Everything is exactly where its supposed to be and the folders are set up exactly as they should be.

Next step:
    Painting figures in Paint and pretend they are 3d characters.

Post edited by viluvulu on