Can I remove Fingers from "AUTO FIT"?

Nana_fNana_f Posts: 18

Hello at all.
I have a particular problem, that I can't solve...

I have do a straitjacket in 3Ds max, fit perfectly but.... the THUMBS!!!
I can't remove this bastard finger from AUTO FIT.

I have tried to hidden... but don't work well..

This is actual result... but I hate it...
sta.sh/01cs58smy7rg

The fingers Hidden
sta.sh/01dqa4r5jhtz

And... one thing that make me crazy, when I click on slide to change parameter, I can seen all PERFECTLY!!! :(:(:(
sta.sh/0gtz6wkf5di

What can I do??? :(
I hope you know a solution :(:(:(

Thanks in advance

Nanà

Post edited by Nana_f on

Comments

• I'm not following what you awnt to do - remove the influence of the thumbs? Or create a model that doesn't have thumbs, but instead has them integrated with the palm mesh? I'm also not sure what you mean by AutoFit - the Transfer Utility?

If you want to lock the thumb mesh you can simply clear it's weight maps. If you want to have a mesh that doesn't accomodate the default thumb position you could use a GeoGraft to hide that portion of the mdoel (assuming you don't want to be able to see it at all), or if you might want it to be visible you could remove all influnce of the thumb bones and then pose them so that they were tucket inside the mitten where you wanted (a Wearables preset would then allow you to ave the clothing with the thumb pose).

• Nana_fNana_f Posts: 18

Uhmmm yes I can't find solution to " remove the influence of the thumbs "
    I have created model without thumb.

> f you might want it to be visible you could remove all influnce of the thumb bones and then pose them so that they were tucket inside the mitten where you wanted (a Wearables preset would then allow you to ave the clothing with the thumb pose).

If I understand right, it's a good solution.
    I need, in this case, use a different "t-pose", with all fingers and thumbs near to the Hand, but I can find the way to do this...
    Thanks for the support!

Nanà

• Nana_fNana_f Posts: 18

No nothing... I can't find a solution...

• When you use the Transfer Utility (I assume that is what yoyu are doing) it will almost certainly put some weights (that is values on vertices on the model) for the thumb bends, which you don't want. So you need to switch to the Node Weight Paint brush tool, then (in the Scene pane) select each thumb bone in turn and in the Tool Settings pane seelct the only map listed as active; right-click in the viewport and, I think in the Weight Editing sub-menu, select Clear Map. That shoulds top the thumb bends from afecting the mesh directly, instead it will bend with the hand (and fingers).

There may still be some effect from thumb bending as I'm pretty sure there are morphs in the hand - you may want to leave those, to avoid poke-through if you are going to bend the thumb to fit inside the suit, but if not you need to find them and create new, dummy morphs to block them. In the Parameters pane option menu (the lined button in the top corner) enable Show Hidden Properties, zero the figure pose, and bend the thumb. Now with the figure selected (not the thumb bones) click on the Currently Used group and you should see only the hidden adjustment moprhs - for each that you want to block click the gear icon on its slider, select Parameter Settings, and make a note of the Name (not the label, though they may well be the same in these). Now, select your clothing item and then Edit>Figure>Clear Generated Moprhs (this makes sure you are starting from a clean state). Right-click in the Parameters pane and put it in Edit mode. Finally, for each morph that you wish to block right-click and select Create Property, give it the name of one of the targets you want to block, and for neatness set it to Hidden.