Dulplicates loading error

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited March 2013 in New Users

When loading a basic Genesis figure I am getting this. Any ideas how to fix it? The figure does load, I am just concerned there's something wrong.

Also, what's up with the toolbar (materials preset and character preset). The icons seem to be missing!

Untitled-1.jpg
1281 x 797 - 239K
Post edited by Sertorial on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

If you get it loading Genesis I suspect you either have an old Genesis Essentials, and old M5 Axel or a third party morph kit.
    The Duplicate ID is due to a bug in an older DS 4.0 when exporting files that then manifested in DS 4.5 It's basically harmless, but you should update the products causing it (downloading updates) or use the script by Richard found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/ to remove the duplicate IDs in clothing items.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    If you get it loading Genesis I suspect you either have an old Genesis Essentials, and old M5 Axel or a third party morph kit.
    The Duplicate ID is due to a bug in an older DS 4.0 when exporting files that then manifested in DS 4.5 It's basically harmless, but you should update the products causing it (downloading updates) or use the script by Richard found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/ to remove the duplicate IDs in clothing items.

ok, thanks. So can I try Richard's script on the genesis figure? (as that's what's trying to load)

edited December 1969

Sertorial said:
    Totte said:

ok, thanks. So can I try Richard's script on the genesis figure? (as that's what's trying to load)

For Genesis I'm almost 100% certain it is Axel M5, but it has recently been updated and that is a bit more tricky so I recommend reset the download (do you have that one btw? Or else something is weird. The script is mostly for clothing items.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Sertorial said:
    Totte said:

For Genesis I'm almost 100% certain it is Axel M5, but it has recently been updated and that is a bit more tricky so I recommend reset the download (do you have that one btw? Or else something is weird. The script is mostly for clothing items.

Hi

No, I don't have anyone called Axel anywhere in my content library

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

My script is for Duplicate IDs, this is the older Duplicate Formulas issue. It could be that you have two sets of \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base files in your content libraries, or it could be that you have old, unupdated versions of some of the original morph sets. The FAQ, linked below, lists the affected sets - if you have the Genesis Expressions you need to uninstall the original version, then for all that you have reset your order, download the newer files, and install.

edited December 1969

Also, what’s up with the toolbar (materials preset and character preset). The icons seem to be missing!

edited December 1969

Which toolbars? Or do you mean one of the panes, that should be showing content?

edited December 1969

Which toolbars? Or do you mean one of the panes, that should be showing content?

I mean this

Untitled-1.jpg
    1281 x 797 - 242K
    edited December 1969

Ah, I missed that. Try switching to a different interface style (Window>Style>Select Style...), and if they are OK there then try switching back to the original style (assuming you want to).

edited December 1969

Ah, I missed that. Try switching to a different interface style (Window>Style>Select Style...), and if they are OK there then try switching back to the original style (assuming you want to).

Fixed it. Thanks!

Is there anything you don't know?

edited December 1969

Heh, that was just a variation of the IT standby - "Try turning it off and turning it back on again."

edited March 2013

I am still getting this duplicate loading error whenever I load a Genesis figure. It's really annoying!

This is the relevant bit from my log file, can anyone interpret it for me?

Loading Startup Scene : C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5136): Duplicate formula found linking Value & CTRLFlirtingMasculineR in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/CTRLFlirtingMasculineR.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5136): Duplicate formula found linking Value & CTRLFlirtingMasculineL in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/CTRLFlirtingMasculineL.dsf.
    File loaded in 0 min 49.3 sec.
    Loaded file: Genesis.duf

edited December 1969

Reset your download of GenesisEvolutionExpressions

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Reset your download of GenesisEvolutionExpressions

sorry, what do you mean by reset my download?

edited December 1969

I guess that you are not using the DAZ Install Manager, so to update your Genesis Evolution Expression Morphs you need to go to your itemized history in your account and find this product, reset the download and download it again.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I guess that you are not using the DAZ Install Manager, so to update your Genesis Evolution Expression Morphs you need to go to your itemized history in your account and find this product, reset the download and download it again.

I still have the Genesis starter pack installation file, if that's what you mean. So I can easily install it again. But surely if there are duplicate files somewhere, they will just still be there won't they? (If I have two copies of A in two different places and then re-install A, it will only overwrite the one in the correct location. It won't wipe the other one).

Or am I misunderstanding what the nature of the problem is? (highly likely!)

edited December 1969

Duplicate ID is a problem with certain files created with an early version of DAZ Studio 4, in your case Genesis Evolution Expression Morphs.
    You need to download those again and install them again to replace the files with the DuplicateID with new files with that problem fixed.

edited March 2013

amilaboyd said:
    Sertorial said:
    Also, what’s up with the toolbar (materials preset and character preset). The icons seem to be missing!

yes?

It's ok, I managed to fix that (see higher up this thread - thanks Richard!)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Duplicate ID is a problem with certain files created with an early version of DAZ Studio 4, in your case Genesis Evolution Expression Morphs.
    You need to download those again and install them again to replace the files with the DuplicateID with new files with that problem fixed.

Hi

To my knowledge, I have never purchased Genesis Evolution Expression morphs. All I have installed is the Genesis Starter Essentials. Does the Evolution stuff come with that?

edited December 1969

Sertorial said:
    Totte said:

Hi

To my knowledge, I have never purchased Genesis Evolution Expression morphs. All I have installed is the Genesis Starter Essentials. Does the Evolution stuff come with that?

I'm not sure but the error said "Expressions" , FlirtLeft + FlirtRight.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

The error is caused by the OLDER Genesis files not being Uninstalled before the Newer Genesis Es files were installed. It can be fixed by going to the Data Folder and Deleting the Genesis folder and then Installing the NEW updated file again.

EDIT: Data/DAZ3D/Genesis/Base , just remove the Base folder if you like but I would remove the Full Genesis folder.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The error is caused by the OLDER Genesis files not being Uninstalled before the Newer Genesis Es files were installed. It can be fixed by going to the Data Folder and Deleting the Genesis folder and then Installing the NEW updated file again.

EDIT: Data/DAZ3D/Genesis/Base , just remove the Base folder if you like but I would remove the Full Genesis folder.

Ok, so just to be sure (as I don't want to break anything), after i have deleted the Genesis folder I reinstall Genesis Starter Essentials?

This won't mess up any character presets I have created based on Genesis will it?

edited March 2013

It should not. This will just remove all the old files left behind. But, and this is the kicker, if your saved figures call those older files then it could mess them up.

EDIT: By the way Duplicate ID's are just info. They cause no issues in the program.

edited December 1969

In general new Genesis files overwrite the old - the only exceptions are the evolution expression set, which was free with the body and head morphs when they were first released. That set does need to be uninstalled, or the Expressions folder can be deleted from \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ3D folder - I wouldn't advise deleting the whole Genesis folder as it's easy to lose custom work or products you forget to reinstall.

edited December 1969

Yep, Richard is 100% on that. The Evolution Package came with the Expressions and have been Updated. The old set is causing the Dup ID errors.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Yep, Richard is 100% on that. The Evolution Package came with the Expressions and have been Updated. The old set is causing the Dup ID errors.

Sorry, I thought it was Genesis Starter Essentials I am reinstalling, not the Evolution package (I never purchased that)?

edited March 2013

I'm sorry but the RED parts listed below say you DID have the Expressions installed at some time in the past. This is your LOG file is it not?

Loading Startup Scene : C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5136): Duplicate formula found linking Value & CTRLFlirtingMasculineR in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/CTRLFlirtingMasculineR.dsf.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5136): Duplicate formula found linking Value & CTRLFlirtingMasculineL in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/CTRLFlirtingMasculineL.dsf.

They Came FREE for PC members who bought a set (I forget which one now) for Genesis when first released.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm sorry but the RED parts listed below say you DID have the Expressions installed at some time in the past. This is your LOG file is it not?

*** Scene Cleared ***

They Came FREE for PC members who bought a set (I forget which one now) for Genesis when first released.

ok, my mistake. So I need to reinstall Evolution Expression morphs

edited December 1969

Yep that seems to be the issue. I'll ask Richard. He know much more about the Data folder than I do.

edited December 1969

Okay this seems to be the issue, DS has been updated and older files can cause the Duplicate ID error now. If you have the Original Expressions installer you can run it again and set it to make a uninstaller. Use the uninstaller to remove the files. Then go to your Itemized Order History and Reset your files and then Install them. That will fix your issue. The Updated files are Moved into a different folder and do not cause the ID error.