Face without Eyes

hi everyone. 

Its Pablo from Barcelona. I do not know if it's here where I should post about it...but...HOW CAN I create a figure without eyes? (Mannequin style?). I have not found any product - asset with that feature.

And..if anyone of you could help me out with exporting my custom character mesh from Maya to Daz...would be more than awesome! 

Thank you very much! 

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I don't have an answer for you on the Maya question as I don't use it.  However, the basic way to import a custom character or prop into DS is to have it saved and exported from Maya as a .obj if Maya supports exporting in that format.  

To import, go to File>Import and it will bring a popup menu with a file structure where you can find the directory you've saved your file and select it.  Once you've selected your file, another popup will give you let you choose what size format your object is in.  Both Maya and DS happen to use the same size measurements so you should be good.  I usually just keep the rest at the default settings.  If something goes wrong and you don't see you figure, try checking the opacity.  Strange things happen sometimes when loading figures made in other programs and things like transparency is treated differently in other programs than it is in DS.  I've imported several objects that ended up invisible because the object loaded with the Opacity set at zero.  You just need to set it to 100%.  With some programs, scaling is off and you have to zoom in because what you imported was really tiny in DS.  That shouldn't happen with Maya since DS and Maya look like they use the same measurement system.

As for the eyes, it depends on what look you are going for, I guess.  If you want the eyes there but all a solid color, then a shader is probably your best bet.  If you want the eyes missing, then maybe just setting them to be invisible will work.  I haven't had a need to do something like that so it's just a guess.

Posting in the New User's forum might get you more responses to your questions.  I hope that helps at least some.  :)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733

One way to do it is to apply the Iray Uber Base! shader and then e.g. one of the plastic shaders, then select the color you want under Surfaces, and hide the eyelashes. This is made with G8F:

g8_no_eyes.jpg
    400 x 451 - 64K
  • Thank you @Taoz,@RawArt, @JUJU and @Knittingmommy for the fast answer. I really apprecite it. 

Finally I've decided to use Hexagon and Zbrush to sculpt our model head, and then use the G3 body with all DS power. 

Thank you again.