Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion

​Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

on content library (not on smart content) 

use menu "content DB maintenance" - re import metadata

that read all already found product in assigned library 

all install product found in /runtime/support/xxx...dsx files

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I had this issue months ago and submitted a help request about it then. Resetting the database is CATASTROPHIC for Daz Connect users. Reimporting the metadata DOES NOT tell Daz Connect what was previously installed. I am very disappointed to hear that customer service is still telling Daz Connect users to reset the database. Be sure to respond to that ticket and tell them what happened when you followed that advice.

In my case, the product files were still on my hard drive, but Daz Connect had no idea what had previously been installed. Every product showed up in "Available". I had to go through and try to remember what products I had installed and install them again. Because I don't install my older Generation 4 content or 3Delight-only content, it was a pain to try to figure out what to reinstall. I don't think it had to download everything again, but it did have to "talk to" the Daz servers. This happened during one of the rare outages of the Daz servers for Daz Connect, and so I couldn't even reinstall my content until Daz was back up again.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

My help request was submitted on March 15, 2017. It is still open.

Request #239488
    Content DB Reset and Reimport Metatdata breaks Daz Connect knowledge of what was installed

You can reference that in yours if you want to. Maybe tying the two together will get more attention.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It's not actually redownloading the content if it's still installed -- it's actually doing checksums on all the files and only downloading files that are missing or out-of-date.  However, calculating all those checksums takes a long time.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

Your content should not have been out of date, unless you had been ignoring all updates in the Updates tab for months. Even then, only a fraction should have needed updating, I would think.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

• cridgit said:

Nope, I update every single time there is an update (both software and content) but I have several tickets open and as yet unresolved which point at DAZ Connect  / metadata synch problems.

After spending the whole weekend in the forums and in my log file I strongly suspect the issue is the CDN. My PC is stuck endlessly updating 4 products and others I get a different update than the guy at tech support - we have even done a file by file comparison and what his PC downloads is different to what my PC downloads for the same product.

You sir, and I say this respectfully, have far too much confidence in DAZ's software engineering capabilities.

Yet another reason I am glad I do not use Connect. Might be a pain redownloading the whole installation file for an update, but at least I have the stuff locally to install if I need to for some reason.

cridgit said:

Nope, I update every single time there is an update (both software and content) but I have several tickets open and as yet unresolved which point at DAZ Connect  / metadata synch problems.

After spending the whole weekend in the forums and in my log file I strongly suspect the issue is the CDN. My PC is stuck endlessly updating 4 products and others I get a different update than the guy at tech support - we have even done a file by file comparison and what his PC downloads is different to what my PC downloads for the same product.

You sir, and I say this respectfully, have far too much confidence in DAZ's software engineering capabilities.

If you were replying to me, I'll just clarify that I am a woman, so "sir" is the wrong form of address in that case. wink

That potential CDN issue is worrisome. Please keep us updated on how your investigation goes and if you get to the bottom of the problem.

edited May 2022

​Redacted

cridgit said:

Oops, sorry ma'am. I've seen many of your (helpful) posts and somehow got the idea you were a man. Funny how that works, isn't it? laugh

No offense taken. I assume you are a man. Women can be technically savvy and helpful, too, but there is a general bias toward assuming that trait belongs to males. winklaugh