DS Auto-UNfit

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735
edited June 2017 in The Commons

If it ain't broke, break it! (G3F > G8F)

http://taosoft.dk/temp/ds_g3_g8_autofit/index.html

Is there a way to make the sandals stay as they are, before Auto-Fit messes them up? Cancel just unparents them and it seems more or less impossible to make them fit manually.

Post edited by Taoz on

Comments

• Sometimes, turning OFF smoothing works for something like that.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

Just a thought, based on how I think Autofit probably works:

Instead of selecting the figure they were made for, try selecting "Unsupported" and see what happens.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735
    edited June 2017

Sometimes, turning OFF smoothing works for something like that.

Thanks, didn't seem to make any difference though. However, I tried adding a modifier and that improved things a bit, so apparently it's turned off by default on the sandals. I also discovered the sandals have some strap morphs and with these and a few other parameters I managed to get them to fit quite well, though it took a bit of work and experiments.

My point though is still that they seem to fit almost perfectly when you load them, no matter which character pose you're using, before using AutoFit. It must be possible to just "freeze" them in that position and keep AutoFit from interfering and messing things up.

strappy_sandals_fit.jpg
    806 x 1070 - 520K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,735

Just a thought, based on how I think Autofit probably works:

Instead of selecting the figure they were made for, try selecting "Unsupported" and see what happens.

I've already tried that and several other options, nothing seems to work, unfortunately.