So I suppose this means ...

DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

So I suppose, if this follows the usual pattern, Ophelia 7 is stuffed. No HD morph. No PAs updating products that include elements for all the DAZ figures - like Zev0's thigh/leg bend product - wiht Ophelia support.

Typical.

The lack of many muscle group/bone/tendon edgeloops in the body topology has meant most products that affect body definition (not bulk, definition) won't mix together, because without the common edgeloop guide to exactly what mesh is what body structure, all the DAZ artists and PAs basically have the edges of morphs that gove definition in anything from slightly to radically different places on the mesh. So the morphs don't mix properly. (And even conflict with other morphs like JCMs, there's one musculature morph where even a little bit causes the armpit to crumple when the arm is put down because the musculature morph and the basic JCM don't agree exactly what bit of mesh is what.) And dedpite many purchases of all products and many mixing attempts i haven't been able to create a (real world based) body of an important character that (a) has the right deifnition, AND (b) doesn't have (not large, but modestly defined) muscles. tendons etc smeared or bifurcated by morphs and/or normal maps disagreeing about what's where, AND (c) can be posed without horrors from shaping morphs disagrreing with JCMs as to what's where.

FINALLY, with Opehelia 7 as the base, I was actually getting somewhere. Not all the way yet, but it's looking like with some more mixing it might actually work to make a G3F version of my most important character. But this G8F thing makes it look like I won't get the Ophelia 7 extras I need if I do succeed with a successful shaping.

Back to G2F, I guess. You guys who sell poses - if someone made a G3F to G2F pose converter I'd buy a load of your products. As it is, this looks like the end of my shopping here.

Comments