Deadblade...really?

Anybody have any idea what character this is an inspiration from?

https://www.daz3d.com/deadblade-for-genesis-3-female

I have no clue. ;)

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Several characters I can think of have this look.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030
    Maybe Lady Deadpool or the female Machete, both Marvel characters. More inspired by, not a copy of a look.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

Zoom from cw flash is what her outfit resembles to me.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited June 2017

There are probably a multitude (though the mask is very Deadpool-like), but it's been given a washed out undead appearance, as a whole.

It renders beautifully, though what surprises me is that there isn't a shaping morph involved (just some geograft components to hide the ears and stuff) and, aside from the footwear, no clothing, either. Which means you can put any costume upon it and there will be zero 'poke-through' intersecting. This allows for some very interesting combinations to be made.

Facial expressions happen to function really well with it, too. :)

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

The artist's gallery images showing this character's development offers plenty of hints as to the inspiration, if hints were needed. I recall seeing some of the earlier ones. Very impressive work. 

• dikatindikatin Posts: 33

Sackbiy

Just kidding. Intricate detail - very nice

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Well said about the lead to kit-bashing. At first I was like "bah, so plain and boring- and very Marvel-ish, too Marvelish"

But then, I imagined COMBINING this suit with some other goodies and wow, what a foundation this makes.

The possibilities are almost endless for an original- nutso character.

Goggles, gun belt....HAIR EVEN!

Victoria's black leather jacket- (oh you know the one I mean lol)

This is awicked item, for sure.

I think a battle is set for Dead-Pan-Bedpan-Blade verse the I Bot Nurse.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited June 2017

She's inspired by Deadpool. Even her name is a clue, I just didn't realize it earlier. The biggest clue is the PA's DAZ 3D ZBrush gallery.

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

There are probably a multitude (though the mask is very Deadpool-like), but it's been given a washed out undead appearance, as a whole.

It renders beautifully, though what surprises me is that there isn't a shaping morph involved (just some geograft components to hide the ears and stuff) and, aside from the footwear, no clothing, either. Which means you can put any costume upon it and there will be zero 'poke-through' intersecting. This allows for some very interesting combinations to be made.

Facial expressions happen to function really well with it, too. :)

There is a HD morph called DeadBlade, it's just under hidden parameters for some reason. Sadly it's a full body morph. It'd be a lot more versatile it the head and body were separate, making a 'maskless' option possible. 

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Ahh, I'll have to look for that... As has been said, though, there are clearly a multitude of different inspirations. I looked up the cahracter Serene Night mentioned, above and that's definitely more of an inspiration for the mouth area of the mask than Deadpool could have been.

A really interesting combination, all in all and the undead aesthetic really works well.

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

I know. Alan Alda!

wait, n/m. Wrong site.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited June 2017

Here she is with the Narkissa head morphs applied.

DeadBlade-Equipment-Narkissa.png
    900 x 900 - 570K
    Post edited by nDelphi on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

while i do wish that the suit offered maskless/gloveless/bootless options (and handled characters with gens a bit less...spectacularly, yeah), the suit's incredibly well done, and tons of fun to work with. 

j

fishing a dry river

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

Zoom from cw flash is what her outfit resembles to me.

+1

• ScarletX1969ScarletX1969 Posts: 587

Anybody have any idea what character this is an inspiration from?

https://www.daz3d.com/deadblade-for-genesis-3-female

I have no clue. ;)

LOL, I was really being sarcastic when I asked this.  It's obvious that it's Deadpool.  BUT....there's plenty of originality you can get from mixing things up. :)