Genesis

So I don't ever muck around with Genesis characters, but I needed to use one for a specific thing. It appears that Carrara's default Genesis character is a Poser file? From what I've read that won't load (mine doesn't). I checked the Daz store to see if I could get just the base Genesis model, but it doesn't seem to be there for download. Any idea how to load the Genesis figure into Carrara? Thanks

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

When I hear "Poser file," I think filename.cr2.   No, your default genesis file should not be loading as a Poser cr2 from a runtime library, even if an icon appears there.  Instead, by default, Genesis should load from ... \People\Genesis. 

I hesitate to comment on installation issues for a variety of reasons. 

xx02 genesis location.JPG
    632 x 606 - 43K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    BC Rice said:

So I don't ever muck around with Genesis characters, but I needed to use one for a specific thing. It appears that Carrara's default Genesis character is a Poser file? From what I've read that won't load (mine doesn't). I checked the Daz store to see if I could get just the base Genesis model, but it doesn't seem to be there for download. Any idea how to load the Genesis figure into Carrara? Thanks

See if your Product Library already has it:  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14812

If not, just "buy" DS or the DSON Importer for Poser -- they're both free and you don't have to actually download them, that will add Genesis Starter Essentials to your Product Library.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    BC Rice said:

See if your Product Library already has it:  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_14812

If not, just "buy" DS or the DSON Importer for Poser -- they're both free and you don't have to actually download them, that will add Genesis Starter Essentials to your Product Library.

It says that it's part of Carrara 8.5. I have the Genesis icon in Carrara. But when I bring it to the stage it says that it can't load CR2. So, it's like, there's the Poser file adhered to the icon instead of the DUF file. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    BC Rice said:
    BC Rice said:

It says that it's part of Carrara 8.5. I have the Genesis icon in Carrara. But when I bring it to the stage it says that it can't load CR2. So, it's like, there's the Poser file adhered to the icon instead of the DUF file. 

It sounds like you have the Poser Companion File installed and are trying to load it from the Poser runtime instead of from the DS content folder.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,887

you need to load the duf from my library, DAZ studio formats, you can add your library to your browser like you do a runtime 

you need C8.5 though not C8.1

not Poser runtime formats, DAZ stufio ones in the choices

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591

Ah! Worked :) 

Had to load a folder not a runtime. That was weird. haha Thanks :)