Not just waxy... Waxy and Wet... (Firefly vs 3Delight)

13»

Comments

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/68407/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/pwSurface2-Lana

Usage Rights: Unrestricted use

Hoping someone can fix it, make it better, share it again. Good luck

Thanks for the post zilvergrafix, I agree and understand but have no solution.

T0N, these WORK so long as you have PW Surface. I just installed it.

I am so sorry you had to buy something to make the material setting work, thank you for going the extra mile.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

no worries. It wasn't just your materials. I've had MattyManx's materials for a while now and have never been able to use them... too, some of the shaders that come with it are pretty amazing. Rendering an image now with those...

edited April 2013

Dunno if it applies on this thread, but I could assume that this quest for SSS or waxy poser skin is for achieve perfect and realistic skin, let me tell you, I saw yesterday a DVD and I was impressed of how many task of light are involved on real life skin, looking for the Saint Grial of the SSS is only one of MANY other processes involved, I did a zip file with my researches about this findings, if you have time take a look.

I've put a lot of work into a light and camera set that I would like to share so you all could load it up and have a look at it.
    I know there is room for improvment on it but for now it is the best I can do. Hoping someone here could help improve on it.
    I've got it saved as a scene file so that I can merge it with a scene when I want it.
    The scene file has UberEnvironment2 with its sphear and a camera with lights paranted to the camera
    what would i save this as? Is it as simple as File> Save as> Scene File
    or does it need to be File> Save as> SupporAsset> SceneAsset
    or maybe it is something else all together or maybe not even possible?

Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
    edited December 1969

Scene Asset. That way you can make sure it's set up exactly the way you intended when we open it. That's how I do it.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Scene Asset. That way you can make sure it's set up exactly the way you intended when we open it. That's how I do it.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68501/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/LightSet

It is up, I hope it works, can someone please confirm that it is loading and working?
    Usage Rights: Unrestricted use
    Feel free, if it works, add to or take away and tweak this set to make it better.
    It is the best I can do for now. Hope it helps!

edited December 1969

Item one, you need to NOT use shadow maps if you're rendering SubSurface Scattering. 3DL doesn't like the two together.

You can set shadow bias down to 0.1 for close ups... distance renders are okay at 1.0.

Having a light parented to the camera is good, but you might think about moving it up and to one side slightly, so the shadows are not lost. this is why flashes on SLRs are often mounted up and to the side.

I'd definately turn down the intensity on Ue2... its very bright at 100%

This render is with your defaults

01testt0nlts.png
    490 x 603 - 298K
    edited December 1969

same scene, with the above changes I suggested

02testt0nlts.jpg
    490 x 603 - 131K
    edited December 1969

I thank you for having a look and helping me. I am going to leave the light camera set up. Feel free to make changes and share them. If I get time this weekend I'll do some more experiments. I wish I could nail down that poser look I'm after.