Have You Guys Seen Eevee???

InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

The next release of Blender will have a realtime PBR rendering engine. After some experience using Iray in the DAZ viewport, this video knocked my socks off:

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Those look phenomenal.  I just wish I could wrap my head around Blender's UI.  I've tried several times and bouonce off it hard.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770

I love blenders Node editor ,it is an elegant user experience.
    I am pretty sure that realtime performance is for blender native PBR shaders,
    once you bring in a Genesis model with 4k skin texture maps your viewport performance will likely fall of a cliff. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,893

I'm will dragotx. Blender stuff makes me sad because I'm always looking in and going 'wow' but I can't get in the door.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

very impressive.

I love Blender's node system; i can't get to grips with the one in IRAY.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770

" Blender stuff makes me sad because I'm always looking in and going 'wow' but I can't get in the door."

I used to be like that.
    Some new feature would appear
    I would run and DL the latest blender
    and after an hour of flailing about like a one eyed chimpanzee in the cockpit of the NASA space shuttle,
    I would flee franticly back to Poser & C4D.

For me the tipping point was Cycles.
    somehow seeing Those GI renders resolving in front of my eyes in seconds in the viewport gave me the resolve to download the Video tutorials from youtube and take it setp by step with focus only on the node editor and  GI rendering.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    dragotx said:

Those look phenomenal.  I just wish I could wrap my head around Blender's UI.  I've tried several times and bouonce off it hard.

Same here. I keep d/ling and installing and still it makes no sense to me. I have tried plenty of modeling apps over time, with 3DSMax being the one that made perfect sense to me.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    dragotx said:

Same here. I keep d/ling and installing and still it makes no sense to me. I have tried plenty of modeling apps over time, with 3DSMax being the one that made perfect sense to me.

3dsmax is on my list of things to try, I just started with Blender because it's the one I hear the most about, especially from people creating the kinds of things I want to.  I'm wanting to start making my own starships, as well as other kinds of props for Studio

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    dragotx said:
    dragotx said:

3dsmax is on my list of things to try, I just started with Blender because it's the one I hear the most about, especially from people creating the kinds of things I want to.  I'm wanting to start making my own starships, as well as other kinds of props for Studio

When it comes to modeling apps, what I did was try every one I could and see which UI made the most sense.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

CG Cookie has really been helping me out with Blender, especially the nodes. Well worth the 27 bucks a month ;).

Laurie

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744
    wolf359 said:

once you bring in a Genesis model with 4k skin texture maps your viewport performance will likely fall of a cliff. 

Probably true. Better not get my hopes up too high...

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I cannot speak for this video on youtube but it might be useful for anyone wanting to learn about the nodes in Blender -

4Kvideodownloader can grab youtube videos at full res and with subtitles if you want to grab them to watch them another time.

• dikatindikatin Posts: 33

Blender continues to amaze. The amount of thought, love and support put into it by its contributors is second to none.

Blender stuff makes me sad because I'm always looking in and going 'wow' but I can't get in the door.

If it helps any, try "downsolving" if the door seems shut. Watch a nice tutorial that is not exactly absolute beginner friendly, and try to resolve each step according to the tutor's explanation. It will hurt, no matter how good the tutor is, but you'll have so many "Aha!" moments that it may end with a good step in.

Have a look at this if you have the time and the muse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhltE8hZh4o