Allow extreme rotation

Hello.

I would like to rotate the neck of my G2F model very much (to an unnatural extent).

I'm trying to create a zombie that has his head on his breast in order make it look like it's broken.

However, at a certain angle, the rotation wouldn't allow me to go any further.

The rotation circle becomes red.

Is there any way to realize my extreme rotation anyways?

Thank you for the help.

neck1.jpg
263 x 293 - 15K

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

The figures all come with limits set on their joints to ensure that the models operate within the normal range of human movement and avoid unnatural deformation. However, it is possible to exceed these preset limits. Simply select the node (body part - i.e. neck) desired, then under Parameters click on the little cog/gear icon for the desired property (i.e. bend), click on Parameter Settings in the popup, then finally uncheck the Use Limits setting in the resulting dialogue box. Click Accept and you should be good to go.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited June 2017

OK, click on the gear thingie to the upper right of the twist slider.  You'll get a dropdown, which includes Parameter Settings.  Simply change the min or max entry for the direction you are going for to some huge number, and you should be able to twist to your heart's content.

Unfortunately, it looks like, at least for a neck twist (just tested) that at some point the skin 'resets' on it's twist (at the 181 degree mark it twists from the opposite direction instead) so you can only can achieve a half twist.  It still looks kinda funky at the neck when the head is facing backwards at least, but you may need to use dformers to futher distort the skin to create that 'unnatural' look.

Also, if you are using a newer figure (say G3F), keep in mind that the lower and upper neck are separate items, so you may be able to achieve a full twist, plus another half twist with the head... although splitting the twist between the three sections for a 270 degree twist seems to be about as far as you'd want to go (neck starts to get really skinny).

For the shoulder area you were talking about, you'll probably want to do a combo of the collar and shoulder twists.  Also, unlocking the x, y, and z offsets (you may need to check show hidden properties to see these, see menu at upper right of the parameters tab window) will allow you to 'dislocate' the shoulder a bit if that's the look you are going for.

Edit: Attached a three partial twists (lower, upper, head, 270ish total) in action, with the x y and z offsets unlocked and min/maxes increased and slightly adjusted... just add some bruising/darker skin patches and yeah, that's just disturbing!

necktwist.jpg
    634 x 700 - 286K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

@ SixDs

Looks like we posted more or less simultaneously.  It's so nice that we have lots of people willing to help around here!

• Super, thank you all!