hi i was wondering if someone can help me with pinning feet and toes

lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001
edited June 2017 in New Users

when i pin the feet and toes of the character,   how can i save it so i dont have to keep doing it  everytime i open daz studio again the next day 

if someone can help me   it would be really appreciative   thanks so much .

Post edited by lasagnaman on

Comments

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

Use the active pose tool instead of the universal tool. Active pose pins persist thru saves.

Be advised tho that active pose pins only work with the active pose tool, not the universal or rotate or translate tools.

Perosnally I do most of my posing with the active pose tool, its more precise and forgiving than the universal tool, but there are some things you can only do with the universal tool. To explain a little further, doing say a combat pose, I get the figure into a basic pose generally with a preset, then with active pose tool I click on one of teh feet, hit center in viewport button, adjust the foot pose as needed, go to the tool settings pane (which you need to add to your workspace for ease of access) and click toggle pins, then usually I switch the pin mode from pin at origin to pin at both for extra umph, go the other foot, drag it where i want it, pin it, zoom out, lokk at the body, move the pelvis/hips where I want them. pin them click on the left hand, pose it, pin it, right hand... etc. To move a pinned body part either click on it with the active pose tool and move it like normal, or unpin it it its not a part you are manipulating directly but you want it to move with whatever other body part you are dragging about. Pin at end and pin at origin give you some flexibility in the way things move when you drag them. Pretty robust, powerful and handy.