DAZ camera into Unity?

Hi,
I am using a scene that I have created in DAZ in Unity for a game.

All is working well - except for exporting the camera out of DAZ via FBX.
The camera does not import as a camera into Unity, and all I get are the transformation values for that camera.
And while the positional data is good, the rotations are all mest up and so the view of the Unity camera does not
match that of the camera in DAZ.

It appears that cameras can be exported via FBX, but that doesn't seem to work from DAZ into Unity for some reason.
So, other than eyeballing the camera view in Unity - is there a way to get all of the DAZ camera data into Unity?

Thanks for reading!

- Kay

Comments

• DrGonzo62DrGonzo62 Posts: 221

After a bit more testing I was able to figure it out.

For those interested - I added a camera component to the imported DAZ camera object and tweaked the
    rotational values: inverting X and Z axis values, and adding or subtracting the current Y rotation from 180°
    will result in the same view as it was in DAZ.

Life is good again.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    DrGonzo62 said:

After a bit more testing I was able to figure it out.

For those interested - I added a camera component to the imported DAZ camera object and tweaked the
    rotational values: inverting X and Z axis values, and adding or subtracting the current Y rotation from 180°
    will result in the same view as it was in DAZ.

Life is good again.

I was going to suggest that but wasn't 100% positive of the direction of orientation you needed to rotate as I never use the exported cameras. DAZ does have an option to export in Unity friendly FBX format or maybe it was Poser. Poser does for sure.