The Feh, Meh, Bah Dragons munched my Classic Car Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

T17.png
    426 x 191 - 26K
    edited February 2013

Hunger Games is on TV. Slept through half of it at the cinema, all I remember is funny haircuts :lol: maybe is too hot to sleep tonight :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited February 2013

Mm won my first game in MoO2 o3o
    Diplomatic victory I guess. =P

Mmph. Wish there was an option to disable that like there is in Civ ^^
    Although I guess the effect is the same if you end up having enough votes and decline the position?

Although this kinda freaked me out the first time I saw it (Picture below). Haha, second star I try and visit and my forces get vaporized :P

orion2_004.png
    640 x 480 - 59K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hunger Games is on TV. Slept through half of it at the cinema, all I remember is funny haircuts :lol: maybe is too hot to sleep tonight :lol:

A movie that puts one to sleep? ha, I thought that was only something that happened in cartoons XD

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Mm getting a looot of messages about starvation here from planets that say [No Farming] (They're radiated ones, so... yeah.). The game says something about using freighters to export/import food, but so far I can only see how to transport workers between worlds. Does the food import/export happen automatically?

Yes it does, as long as
    1) You have excess food to transport
    2) You have free freighters
    3) There's no space-time anomaly or random encounter monsters lurking about

Rezca said:
    Mm won my first game in MoO2 o3o
    Diplomatic victory I guess. =P

Mmph. Wish there was an option to disable that like there is in Civ ^^
    Although I guess the effect is the same if you end up having enough votes and decline the position?

Yes, you can decline, and the game goes on.

Although this kinda freaked me out the first time I saw it (Picture below). Haha, second star I try and visit and my forces get vaporized :P

The Guardian is tough, so, yeah... you will want a beefy ship (or dozen or three dozen) to attack it. It has a nasty black hole generator too and other unpleasant surprises.

My recommendations for a custom race (you can pick your picture):
    Telepathic (so I can see my enemies coming)
    Penalty to ground fighting
    Penalty to space fighting
    Breeds fast
    Bonus to production
    Bonus to science
    Creative (you may need to drop out something from the list)
    Feudal

Slap on 30% taxation, btw. Optimal, really.

edited December 1969

I've been playing with random events disabled. I want to get accustomed to the game first before I enable 'em (If they're anything like CivIV's random events - and looking at a list of MoO2's they seem to be - then I definitely don't want to enable them while I still have no idea what I'm doing XD )

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

Hot enough for you? :)
    Hot_outside_corn_cob_popcorn.jpg
    473 x 347 - 37K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hey Tjohn, don't think anyone should let our friend Chris (The Bryster) know about this new prop.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17169/ :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:

A movie that puts one to sleep? ha, I thought that was only something that happened in cartoons XD

Have slept through some of the greats :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

About six weeks until the fire season ends and some winds from the South start to blow and if we're lucky there will be some rain after that.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

About six weeks until the fire season ends and some winds from the South start to blow and if we're lucky there will be some rain after that.

we had a bit of snow last night, trade some winds?

i really shouldn't use snow as an excuse not to go to laundry mat today. but ... is snow, better to stay home. :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hey Tjohn, don't think anyone should let our friend Chris (The Bryster) know about this new prop.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17169/ :coolsmirk:

Doesn't look "comfy" enough to replace The Chair. :lol:
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

i really shouldn't use snow as an excuse not to go to laundry mat today. but ... is snow, better to stay home. :)

Can't imagine what that is like. Everything here is getting dry, very dry.

edited February 2013

i luv the .more.smileys at Faeriewylde.

remember the :happydance: emotiguy gif, and the bricks one?

no wanna put cold syrup on my hotcakes, what would happen if i mixed the syrup in the batter?

took out 3 sticks of no salt butter to start it's journey to room tempy, which is cold and drafty.
    flipping through joyofbaking recipes. :) prolly the coffeecake again. if only i had some ginger. :( my new rolling pin came yesterday, coulda made gingermans cookies. :) haz all the ingredients to try shortbread cookies, or, shortbread pie crust for chocolate cream pie :happydance:

pc.jpg
    291 x 231 - 16K
    bfast.jpg
    253 x 251 - 21K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Man I miss playing Master of Orion 2, what an awesome game, especially once you get the Planet Killer.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Can't imagine what that is like. Everything here is getting dry, very dry.

too bad they don't make rain planes, the water weight be would too tremendous for lift-off i imagine

edited February 2013

Rareth said:
    Man I miss playing Master of Orion 2, what an awesome game, especially once you get the Planet Killer.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2

$5.99 for both 1 and 2 :P

Also... This is the most food I've ever had o_O
    And with several colonies under meh command. I guess the map I rolled previously was pretty bad, since after 9 colonies I only had three capable of farming (Without any terraforming and whatnot), and one of those three had a very small population max XD

*edit* That I have no idea if I'm adjusting things optimally :P
    I find myself shifting workers a ton.

orion2_008.png
    640 x 480 - 27K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...stopped at the corner brew pub this afternoon during Zwickelmania day (big day for craft brewers statewide - a Zwickel is a valve on the brewing apparatus which allows a brewmaster to sample the quality of the brew during the aging process).

Anyway, saw a lady there with an incredible dragon tat on her back (one of those times I wish I wasn't such a luddite and had a camera phone so I could have posted the image).

Zwickelmania day should go national! sounds fantastic :wow:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    kerplop *tireds*. scrubbed my refrigerator today. i don't understand the technology behind the lettuce crisper, it's a plastic drawer with 2 lil vents inside the fridge. i didn't buy lettuce, the drawer is empty at the moment.

took everything off the shelves to scrub the shelves, moved the shelves to wipe down the walls behind counter and refrigerator, spiders like to leave webbie strings back there. vacuumed under the table. threw out four garbage bags of junk and scraps. started one big bin to pile papers needing shredding. i found my social security card and a resume from 1998 and a squeaky toy.

Ooooo, squeaky toy! Wantz.

aww poor buppy.

i wish my cellphone camera was better quality, oh well.

buppytoy.jpg
    491 x 372 - 42K
  • SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

7thStone said:
    snowbug said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I'm waiting for the second season of Game of Thrones to come out on DVD. I love that show but don't have HBO to watch it currently.

Everybody seems to love it, I just fast-forward through all scenes that are not about Bran, Daenerys or Arya...

Funny... After watching the show I tried reading the books and found myself doing the same thing. I couldn't fast forward through the episodes because I watched them when aired, but I did find myself fast forwarding through the books for the same characters you mentioned. Read all but the last book to be released. Can't say I'm a big fan of the books, but they were OK.

It's kind of difficult to get into the story-lines of the other characters when everyone is such a jerk.

edited December 1969

wind chimes outside making lots of music this morning.

Today:
    Windy. Cloudy skies will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 29F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Tonight:
    Partly cloudy and windy. Low 16F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

16F, ouchie

what's on the menu for today?

tee hee - if i had a whiteboard or a printer i could write out the menu for today like a restaurant does. :lol:
    preefix menu
    lunch:
    tomato soup with pastina
    dindin starters:
    t-bone with pirogi
    beverage:
    beer
    dessert:
    yummies

i need lots and lots more practice in case i ever open a bed&breakfast;

edited December 1969

snowbug said:
    7thStone said:
    snowbug said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I'm waiting for the second season of Game of Thrones to come out on DVD. I love that show but don't have HBO to watch it currently.

Everybody seems to love it, I just fast-forward through all scenes that are not about Bran, Daenerys or Arya...

Funny... After watching the show I tried reading the books and found myself doing the same thing. I couldn't fast forward through the episodes because I watched them when aired, but I did find myself fast forwarding through the books for the same characters you mentioned. Read all but the last book to be released. Can't say I'm a big fan of the books, but they were OK.

It's kind of difficult to get into the story-lines of the other characters when everyone is such a jerk.

i've never seen this show.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    kerplop *tireds*. scrubbed my refrigerator today. i don't understand the technology behind the lettuce crisper, it's a plastic drawer with 2 lil vents inside the fridge. i didn't buy lettuce, the drawer is empty at the moment.

took everything off the shelves to scrub the shelves, moved the shelves to wipe down the walls behind counter and refrigerator, spiders like to leave webbie strings back there. vacuumed under the table. threw out four garbage bags of junk and scraps. started one big bin to pile papers needing shredding. i found my social security card and a resume from 1998 and a squeaky toy.

Ooooo, squeaky toy! Wantz.

aww poor buppy.

i wish my cellphone camera was better quality, oh well.

Looks like the squeaky toy had a good reason to hide :lol:

edited December 1969

seriously? http://www.amazon.com/Home-Fashion-Freestanding-Warmer-Drying/dp/B004FYY3FK -prolly no one has modeled one of these yet :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Brr cold, was 42f this morning - froze my nose! :gulp:

Lots of photo editing and Craigslist postings today, gotta sell stuff! I don't want to move it all! :ahhh:

Otherwise, pretty quiet - will work on cleaning stuff up around the place as well.

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

Its pretty cold here today. 6F with snow coming down

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :bug: :ahhh:

Sigh.. selling my 23in Asus monitor. Got a guy coming for it today, a little extra cash to take to the honky-tonk this afternoon. :)

All pics edited and ready, I'll start posting 'em tomorrow morning, a few new ones each day. bye bye stuff!!

There's a Goodwill donation center on the bus line so what doesn't get sold, gets donated. I already have 2 bags of minor items I'm going to take (mainly clothes) next weekend. Someone will end up warm and happy! :)

Definitely getting a Core i7 system when all this settles down.. with a 17in dispolay! DS4.5, Poser, Bryce, Carrara.. all not fun to use on this 15.4in laptop. :blank:

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Good Lord, Frank, You make me really glad I'm here in 42 degrees. Do people really venture out when it's that cold?

• SnowbugSnowbug Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Cold?
    That's a pleasant, brisk winter weather...

edited December 1969

Brrrrrr...

ff_being_cold.jpg
    424 x 550 - 98K
This discussion has been closed.