Can the textures for Fayre/Genesis dress be used on Fayre/Genesis 3?

cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

The dress Fayre does exist for Genesis and Genesis 3.
And the one for Genesis has several textures, like this.
Now I'm wondering if these textures can be used on Fayre for genesis3 as well. Does anybody know?

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Yes. 90% of the time, textures for older versions of a PC+ product (such as the Morphing Fantasy Dress, which goes all the way back to Victoria 3) can be used on newer versions.  (There are exceptions, but they're not particularly common.)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824

yes, I have used the earlier textures

if you apply the 3Delight shader on the original it should click load, if the genesis 3 dress has an iray shader it won't.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Thanks, I'll buy and try :-)

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    th3Digit said:

if you apply the 3Delight shader on the original it should click load, if the genesis 3 dress has an iray shader it won't.

Oh, but you can Reset the Material back to 3DL with 'DS Default Shader' then apply the 3DL Material, before then go back to shaders and Click on "!Iray Uber Base" to convert the 3DL to Iray, then tweak.

(then save it off so you don't have to do it again

th3Digit said:

I've never had that problem.  I just tested, putting an Iray Material (Moon and stars) on the G3F skirt, and then putting a 3DL material (Delicacy) on the skirt from the G2F directory.  No problems.  Click and load both times.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    th3Digit said:

I've never had that problem.  I just tested, putting an Iray Material (Moon and stars) on the G3F skirt, and then putting a 3DL material (Delicacy) on the skirt from the G2F directory.  No problems.  Click and load both times.

admittedly I was basing my experience on other earlier 3Delight shaders, I automatically apply a current one if available as is in this case for PC+ items as  rule before applying an earlier pre 4.9 product's one.

obviously these must work, maybe retro updated as PC+, many older ones do not.

th3Digit said:
    th3Digit said:

admittedly I was basing my experience on other earlier 3Delight shaders, I automatically apply a current one if available as is in this case for PC+ items as  rule before applying an earlier pre 4.9 product's one.

obviously these must work, maybe retro updated as PC+, many older ones do not.

Huh, I've even applied some of Chohole's old Poser-only MFD textures to the G3F MFD after using an Iray material setting, and they worked fine.

There is a difference if the material file is .ds or .dsa or .dsb vs .duf, perhaps that's the issue at hand here.  G2 on won't take the earlier DS format material poses, but the multigenerational clothing I've tested so far seems to take them fine.