Hair over, not through, clothing

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I was trying to use MitsuHair for A3 on my Genesis character and found that it did not flow over the collar of the Magus jacket. I thought this might be because the hair was designed for an older model.

Today I discovered MitsuHair for Genesis on sale and thought my problems were solved. However, when I used this hair it made no difference - the hair still appears to go through the Magus jacket (see picture).

I've played in the "parameters" area and can get many interesting results but none address the problem.

Suggestions? Thanks!

hair_issue.jpg
261 x 315 - 35K

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

dforms... that would be what I would try first.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The way to try first, is using Smoothing and Collision Detection, setting the Hair to collide with the jacket. This jacket has quite an extreme collar on it, and the hair has loads of morphs, but still there is a problem. It would really need dynamic hair to sit properly, but give this a try anyway. There is a video on Youtube about this feature, fitting pant to Genesis, but I used the exact same principles, and got a much better fit for the hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGzfNgfdyo

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

The way to try first, is using Smoothing and Collision Detection, setting the Hair to collide with the jacket. This jacket has quite an extreme collar on it, and the hair has loads of morphs, but still there is a problem. It would really need dynamic hair to sit properly, but give this a try anyway. There is a video on Youtube about this feature, fitting pant to Genesis, but I used the exact same principles, and got a much better fit for the hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBGzfNgfdyo
    I agree with JimmyC. Collision with the jacket is your best option. The only time where that wouldn't work is if you absolutely had to have the collision set to the Genesis figure because you were using Dformers Plus: Hat Head to fit the hair under a hat. Then, you're SOL.
  • edited December 1969

Thanks very much. The smoothing/collision method is fine for my needs right now, but I see there are youtube tutorials on dforms , too, so that's good.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes, D-formers can do amazing thngs too.

They are well worth learning about.