Problem with Genesis3Male export

Hello,

I had a problem with export Genesis3Male model with morphs in fbx format: some morphs are not exported correctly. For example, when I open a model in Maya, eye morphs work partially - in this case, eye rotation is possible only in one direction. The same happens when the eye moves up / down.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and is there a chance to solve it?

Blendshape.jpg
1582 x 1011 - 426K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863

Those are not morphs, they are controllers that drive the actual rotations on the eye bones. I'm not sure why one would work and the other fail, however/

• dmausdmaus Posts: 7

Those are not morphs, they are controllers that drive the actual rotations on the eye bones. I'm not sure why one would work and the other fail, however/

I understand that, but in the fbx format it still becomes a morph/blendshape. As far as I understand, this is due to the fact that the values of this pose remain 0-100%, i.е. negative values are "cut off".

Is it possible to create a morph from a specific pose (in this case, turning the eyes) and export it as a separate morph along with the model in the fbx file?

• Do you really need them ? can't you use the bones in Maya and just rotate them ? the morphs are linear and does not do a "correct" eye rotation even if it's ok most of the time.

Are you limited to 0-100% morph values in Maya, there is no tweaking so you could set a negative value ? most 3D software have some clamping parameters you can set for morphs and I would guess they are set to 0-100 by default, but I am just guessing here, enver used Maya.

• dmausdmaus Posts: 7

Do you really need them ? can't you use the bones in Maya and just rotate them ? the morphs are linear and does not do a "correct" eye rotation even if it's ok most of the time.

Are you limited to 0-100% morph values in Maya, there is no tweaking so you could set a negative value ? most 3D software have some clamping parameters you can set for morphs and I would guess they are set to 0-100 by default, but I am just guessing here, enver used Maya.

It is possible to set negative values for morphs in Maya, but the result is unexpected (in this case, the eyes get out of the orbits). The idea of using ready-made morphs for Genesis 3 allows me to save a lot of time on the face rigging, simply by combining several blendshapes.