Disney Princesses... (Belle WIP)

Comments

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

That is so beautiful. She is going to love it.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Thank you guys!!! Just put the file on a thumb drive... 27mb uncompressed TIF... haysus, that's a big image file... I wonder if DA will let me upload that later... :) Maybe Wednesday...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Been lurking. This is simply wonderful and beautiful work you've done here. I'm sure your special girl will just love your efforts. You've created magic. Thanks for sharing the process with us!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff, I swear this thread kept me going when I was about to give up probably five or six times. I simply would not have been able to complete it without you guys' support. So thank you to Patience55, TimG, nightwolf1982, Xandory, carrie58, Agent_Unawares, misha, Tramp Graphics, Greycat, HeraldOfFire, Kyoto Kid, Coon Ra, ladyofmanyfaces, elspathswd, Kattey, stefani21ga, CalieVee, Zaarin, SnowSultan, JOdel, goldschopf, fayrie, belovedalia, SGCBearcub and to you, RAMWolff...
    But a special thank-you to my co-conspirators, Wilmap and ZamuelNow!
    You guys all rawk.

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    Yours is looking nice. I keep intending to render the entire line, but if I do them chronologically I don't get past Snow White and if I do them in interest order I get sidetracked. ;) Here's a few that I did:
    Ariel: 1 2
    Belle: 1
    Pocahontas: 1
    Snow White: 1 2
    Aurora: 1

You've inspired me to give another go at this--again, your Belle is gorgeous. :)

Zaarin, I'm embarrassed to tell you that I completely missed your post till now. Wonderful work! And I hope you continue doing it.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

Oh wow I wasn't getting any notifications and had to catch up but OMG!! Your Belle turned out fabulous!! Congratulations wancow!!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

The final render certainly shows your hard work. Looks great!

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Just saw this - beautiful job!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Thank you guys!!! Just put the file on a thumb drive... 27mb uncompressed TIF... haysus, that's a big image file... I wonder if DA will let me upload that later... :) Maybe Wednesday...

Oh I hope so. I know a little boy who would also love to see that.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...the final version is exquisite. Beautiful work.

Now that I have a lot of time on my hands (being laid off from work) I am setting up the new workstation and will be migrating the Merida project to it. Going to be so much nicer having that huge clean looking Viewport to work with.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the final version is exquisite. Beautiful work.

Now that I have a lot of time on my hands (being laid off from work) I am setting up the new workstation and will be migrating the Merida project to it. Going to be so much nicer having that huge clean looking Viewport to work with.

I can't wait to be more of an observer this time around!

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Well done, wancow ! You really pulled it off.
    Thanks for sharing the process, i love seeing projects like this come to life.

edited December 1969

BlackFeather, I really wish folks would be more public about their process, though I do understand that some simply can't do that. I truly enjoy watching some of the guys over on CGTalk do their thing for exactly that reason. It's half the reason I'm a member of that site. But, like I said, the feedback and encouragement I got out of this exchange was absolutely invaluable and this project probably would never have been completed had it been ignored. So if you see someone start a WIP thread, please pay attention to it, and offer whatever, even just a short little note of encouragement can make the difference.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

True, i'll keep that in mind. I suppose people in general tend to lurk wip-threads, i know i do. I always get the feeling that i would be disturbing or cluttering the thread if i were to post in it. As if i'm literally watching over the artist's shoulder and don't want to disturb.
    I guess it's one of those weird human conditions, you know it doesn't make sense but you still do it :)

edited December 1969

Couldn't help myself... had to do one more render... I finished up at 7am this morning with the project. I got it printed this afternoon, and the print looks flipping fantastic! There's an aura around the sparkles coming off the book that I can only see in the print for some odd reason...

But the thing was, once it was done, it was like this total let down. It's like a good book I didn't want to end... anyway... three and a half weeks, maybe 150 hours... shouldn't have taken that long but I spent a lot of time building four dresses that got scrapped till the fifth came together... also had to go back in and redo the hair, and since Hex doesn't do true Catmull Clark subdiv, and DS does, that's a bit of an issue... anyway, so lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTANDLOTSANDLOTS of tweaking... :) But, like I said, after it was done... what flipping now? LOL... started playing with a Playtex Cross Your Heart Bra that'll take a while to figure out... maybe later...

Anyway, one last one of Belle before I zip the file up and put her in the archives...

belle31.jpg
    424 x 603 - 98K
  • ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

I can't stop looking at your print Wancow. What I loved about Beauty and the Beast is that feeling that something magical yet forgotten lurked in the castle. And Belle was the one to bring the castle back to life. You captured those elements so perfectly. Congratulations on such a successful project!

edited December 1969

I can't stop looking at your print Wancow. What I loved about Beauty and the Beast is that feeling that something magical yet forgotten lurked in the castle. And Belle was the one to bring the castle back to life. You captured those elements so perfectly. Congratulations on such a successful project!

Wow, that's a compliment! Wow!

I got another compliment today from a friend of mine who looked at it and said: "You didn't overdo it..."

From him, that was like a seal of approval... It was kinda funny. My ex GF calls him "Svengali" because he always has these beautiful foreign women around him and he has this interesting persona... he once talked about his "Metrosexual" side, and so, I went up to his GF Yvonne this morning and told her, "I have something to show you, but not Pat, because he's not in touch enough with his Metrosexual side to see it, and your a girl, so you'll like it..." Pat looked at me with daggers for about an instant, then followed... and that's when he told me what he did...

This is, by far, the biggest 3D project I've completed in many, many years... I hope it's something I can keep up. At the beginning I was very afraid I wouldn't be able to see it through, but, again, the support I got from all y'all was invaluable! I cannot say that enough!

• Valery3DValery3D Posts: 105
    edited December 1969

So very Beautiful, It realy is Belle, so magical image you created here :)

edited December 1969

-Godin- said:
    So very Beautiful, It realy is Belle, so magical image you created here :)

Godin, thank you so much for Danysa. She's one of the very fist characters I purchased after I started using DAZ Studio last year. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vh-danysa-for-victoria-4-genesis/90498

Of all the texture sets I have, hers is the only one that came close to working. I thought about editing it, but in the end it was one, such a high quality set that there's no way I could replicate it, and two, it was almost completely perfect, so... that's the one I'm using and I'lll keep on Belle.

Thank you very, very much for the compliment! Coming from a character artist of your caliber, it means a whole lot!

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

That came out really nice, Wancow. It's nice to see someone use Daz Studio to work on a project that is not push-button-render. It took you a lot of time and it shows. BTW, I keep getting you mixed up with Wilmap because of your screen names seeming similar to me, so all this time I thought it was Wendy doing this project. Had no idea you were a man until I saw your pic with your bike. Sorry.... :)

edited December 1969

AAARRG, he thought I wuz a grrl cuz I did the hole prinzezz thang!!! I think I'm too in touch with my meterosucshual side... need to man up... anyone know a place where I can get myself beat up? I need some scars... :P

wilmap is kinda a partner in crime :) ZamuelNow as well... The three of us have similar ideas...

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    AAARRG, he thought I wuz a grrl cuz I did the hole prinzezz thang!!!

LOL... no it wasn't that! Believe me, I did The Wizard of Oz at ZBrushcentral a few years ago, and I am not worried about who can do what. Besides, it was for your niece which is really sweet.

No, I just had your screen names mixed up in my head. I will just have to remember "ManCow" from now on and I won't have any problems with who is who. ;-)

edited March 2013

LOL! It should actually be wancow3. One of my former clients gave me the nickname "Wandering Cowboy Number 3". I was playing Stablemaster at our ranch, taking care of her horses. She had the awesome trainer and his son, and me, one two and three... So that's where wancow comes from... I forgot to put the 3 the first time I used it, so it kinda stuck...

BTW, she's not my niece... :) She's just a very special little girl.
    http://livermore.patch.com/articles/10-year-old-says-homeless-people-need-valentines-too

Post edited by wancow on
  • ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

So...when's the lucky little lady going to receive her gift? You'll have to tell us all about it.

edited December 1969

I am told we're going to see her Thursday. So on Friday Morning, I'll upload the full 2400x3000 TIF to DA, post a link to it and tell the whole story there...

edited December 1969

The Dress has been uploaded
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19080/

edited March 2013

...moved to other thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Here is a donut for you
    Used Belle morph for both girls, almost without addition and with some kids morphs mixed :)
    Thank you, wancow, it is a wonderful morph! (sorry, I'm not into princesses much -_-)

Here_is_a_donut.jpg
    578 x 755 - 344K
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    LOL! It should actually be wancow3. One of my former clients gave me the nickname "Wandering Cowboy Number 3". I was playing Stablemaster at our ranch, taking care of her horses. She had the awesome trainer and his son, and me, one two and three... So that's where wancow comes from... I forgot to put the 3 the first time I used it, so it kinda stuck...

BTW, she's not my niece... :) She's just a very special little girl.
    http://livermore.patch.com/articles/10-year-old-says-homeless-people-need-valentines-too

...och she's a cutie. Love that big silly grin, kind of reminds me of...

...nah.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    AAARRG, he thought I wuz a grrl cuz I did the hole prinzezz thang!!! I think I'm too in touch with my meterosucshual side... need to man up... anyone know a place where I can get myself beat up? I need some scars... :P

wilmap is kinda a partner in crime :) ZamuelNow as well... The three of us have similar ideas...
    If rendering princesses and cutesy things is feminine, then just imagine what my DeviantArt account appears like to a casual onlooker! Honestly though, it's a gorgeous final image and all that effort you put in really shines through. I think you've easily proven you're a very talented artist.

wancow said:
    I am told we're going to see her Thursday. So on Friday Morning, I'll upload the full 2400x3000 TIF to DA, post a link to it and tell the whole story there...

I wish the absolute best of luck to you. I know she'll appreciate the work you put into it, and she'll certainly love the art you made. I think it's really sweet that you're doing this for her.
    Here is a donut for you
    Used Belle morph for both girls, almost without addition and with some kids morphs mixed :)
    Thank you, wancow, it is a wonderful morph! (sorry, I'm not into princesses much -_-)
    Did I miss a post? I wasn't aware Wancow made the Belle morph public yet.