Thank's Linday for Satine!

nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

Instant buy for me!

A new character with character.  Ah the possibilities.

Comments

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited May 2017

If you've tested her, do you know how necessary NGS2 is when it comes to making her look right? 

(never mind, product page shows optional NGS2 and Iray standard presets).

Post edited by Odaa on
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    Odaa said:

If you've tested her, do you know how necessary NGS2 is when it comes to making her look right? 

(never mind, product page shows optional NGS2 and Iray standard presets).

Have to wait til I get off work to do a render with her.    On my list of things to do once I get home.

• I normally roll my eyes and gloss over new female characters at this point, but Satine is probably going to be the first non-pro bundle female I'll buy.

she looks absolutely amazing, oh wow. Love it.

• Since I have the head and body morphs for both G3F & G3M, I haven't been buying any characters lately (trying to roll my own) but I think I am going to buy this bundle.  Tere is just something about Satine that draws you in.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Since I have the head and body morphs for both G3F & G3M, I haven't been buying any characters lately (trying to roll my own) but I think I am going to buy this bundle.  Tere is just something about Satine that draws you in.

Precisely what I was thinking. She seems to have sculpted features that might be difficult to acheive with morph dials. Plus she has normal maps as well as HD. I'm very tempted.

• LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    I had planned on holding off on purchases until I saw what the next Pro Bundle was going to be like, but Satine is sitting in my cart right now. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that you don't need NGS 2 to make her look right. The promo text is a little unclear.
  • colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

Picked up Satine bundle today, and just in time, it looks like -- she's vanished from the shop!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

Still available as I can see. Another great set of products by Linday. Will definitely get this bundle but might have to wait for a bigger discount this summer. It's a pity that this promo as well as the ones with Evi two days ago and Barbarians today offer no extra discount once buying 2 or more things. So my wishlist continues to grow.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

She'll vanish from your store view when you buy her, unless you uncheck the default "hide items I own".

She's still there in my store view, just daring me.

Downloading bundle now.  Good grief this is huge file !

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899

My only complaint about the bundle is that the shirt on the outfit doesn't button up all the way. With the tie and the shirt partially unbuttoned it looks to sexy for a "real" detective.

edited May 2017

Ended up buying her...here is a test render. non-NGS2 version, default makeup, default lighting. Monika dress with the transmap turned off and Tandy Hair with UHT2 shaders.

This character comes with two versions of her physique, the more extreme one you see in the swimsuit promos, and a less extreme one that cooperates better with clothes (which I am using here). Eyeshadow makeup and lipstick are separate presets, just the way I like them, rather than dumping a full face of makeup with each preset and making you take it or leave it (or tediously hand-tweak it in surface). Freckles, as with many people IRL are not terribly obvious unless you go in for a closeup.

If I had to guess, Linday was using some very golden, outdoorsy lighting for the promos, like Skies of Iradiance.

I like her. Very convincing skin, very strong personality in the morph. She kind of looks like a cross between Elsa Lancaster and some French actress I can't place.

SatineTest.png
    763 x 1080 - 685K
    Post edited by Odaa on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

My only complaint about the bundle is that the shirt on the outfit doesn't button up all the way. With the tie and the shirt partially unbuttoned it looks to sexy for a "real" detective.

I thought the same, if the shirt buttoned up and the tie went around the collar it would be perfect. As it is, I will likely end up getting it because I like the pants and suspenders and the boots, and the bundle is only a little bit more than the hair and character that I wanted anyway, but will need to find another shirt to work with that. Which is a shame because the color options for the shirt look great too, and I appreciate the variety of the set.

Yeah, I came within an inch of buying the bundle myself but concluded I couldn't justify the added expense. I had the same problem with the outfit: it's very well-modeled, but if you have a need for something more G-rated or professional-looking, it's not ideal.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Character aside, I want to know where she got her cigarette.  And are they using one of Ron's brushes for smoke?  But first, I want the cigarette if anyone can help with that.

Thanks.

• sapat said:

Character aside, I want to know where she got her cigarette.  And are they using one of Ron's brushes for smoke?  But first, I want the cigarette if anyone can help with that.

Thanks.

Don't know which one they used in the promos, but Iconic Outfit and Fatal Noir both have decent cigarette props.

I have the Iconic Outfit but not Fatal Noir.  I guess I didn't get Fatal Noir because I already have so much of that type of content.

Thanks though, I'll see how the Iconic one works out!!

• sapat said:

I have the Iconic Outfit but not Fatal Noir.  I guess I didn't get Fatal Noir because I already have so much of that type of content.

Used it in this one (and Ron's Detailed Smoke) https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/dead-end/2687139/

• posecastposecast Posts: 386

Anyone know how the sky on the boat scenes was done? I really want to recreate that scene!

sapat said:

Used it in this one (and Ron's Detailed Smoke) https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/dead-end/2687139/

Ah, thank you very much!  I have a few smoke packs from Ron's collections, so I appreciate the info!!

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

rough day poses for victoria 7 includes a cigarette prop, too.  and 7 prop poses.

jardine said:

rough day poses for victoria 7 includes a cigarette prop, too.  and 7 prop poses.

Thanks,  I've been trying to find cig props.  I'd much rather buy it with a pose set than a complete outfit that I may never find a use for.

• KnightKnight Posts: 33

To me, Satine looks like Katrin Lohmann.  There are a very large number of options for the character and they're categorized in, to me, a highly useful way.  NGS not required but does improve the look.

edited May 2017

She looks good in Eldritch Seeker (originally a G2M outfit, possibly on sale this weekend), if you want a more conservative alternative to the Satine outfit.

DetectiveSatine.png
    763 x 1080 - 419K
    Post edited by Odaa on
    jardine said:

Oh I forgot about that, thanks!!!

• DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 177

Has anyone tried using the genital textures? I've tried and failed. Both on the normal set and the NGS set (which is what the genital maps to as far as I can tell). It isn't really as clear as it should be and really it should have duplicates of every material IMO. In any case I try to apply them and no joy. I didn't need them ATM but I like to make certain everything works. I'm using the base figure for another character I'm working on and the spot renders look amazing. 

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Do folks want some morphs for the outfit? I personally think It would look silly fully buttoned up, but did want the shirt buttoned one more up (and a few other tweaks). As it is I love the outfit so much. The detailing on it is fantastic. Holds up to closeup rendering as well as anything I've ever bought. I mean there are modeled buttonholes :D There's texture detail on the inside of the placket

Here's a not completely finished render with the shirt morphs. Sidenote, but does anyone have suggestions for a good tophat? I feel a deep and abiding need to render this outfit with a tophat.

marlenesque2.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 366K
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

Has anyone tried using the genital textures? I've tried and failed. Both on the normal set and the NGS set (which is what the genital maps to as far as I can tell). It isn't really as clear as it should be and really it should have duplicates of every material IMO. In any case I try to apply them and no joy. I didn't need them ATM but I like to make certain everything works. I'm using the base figure for another character I'm working on and the spot renders look amazing. 

Hm, it is looking like the gen map that isn't the normal map is only NGS, which I don't have, so I get an error as it's looking for a file. Maybe there is a missing non-NGS gen preset?

edited May 2017

Good job morphing! I personally didn't buy the outfit but I'm sure alot of people who did would be grateful. If you have Platinum Club and don't mind manually repositioning a parented prop tophat, the M4 tuxedo is supercheap: https://www.daz3d.com/m4-tuxedo

j cade said:

Do folks want some morphs for the outfit? I personally think It would look silly fully buttoned up, but did want the shirt buttoned one more up (and a few other tweaks). As it is I love the outfit so much. The detailing on it is fantastic. Holds up to closeup rendering as well as anything I've ever bought. I mean there are modeled buttonholes :D There's texture detail on the inside of the placket

Here's a not completely finished render with the shirt morphs. Sidenote, but does anyone have suggestions for a good tophat? I feel a deep and abiding need to render this outfit with a tophat.

Post edited by Odaa on
  • MartialMartial Posts: 404

Thank lindsay for the great character

la poursuite montage ajust color.jpg
    1500 x 1199 - 2M