Camera Presets

texjonestexjones Posts: 0
edited February 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

Never mind..I'll figure it out...Those tutorials don't tell you everything you NEED to know.

Post edited by texjones on

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

..then right click and 'save all' will get you just what you need.

• texjonestexjones Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

I got it now. Really cool, saves a LOT of trouble when I have those heavy scenes. I did a simple background render with about 40 trees and the camera presets really helped. The main thing I learned was when I save the preset put it in the default folder and create a subfolder in there. Don't put it anywhere else. The tutorial says you can but that didn't work right.
    And the really cool part I figured out. I plan to show Brock in his truck going down the road, I've already done it once from an outside view which turned out good. But NOW, I've set two cameras, one above the truck can and one inside the cab with Brock, so we get two POV from the truck going down the road. And of course, making sure the camera is INSIDE the truck or on TOP parented to the truck...
    I am rendering the first experiment right down, just showing the perspective camera at an angle of Brock and the Truck going down the highway, next experiment will be the inside view (keep your fingers crossed!!)

edited December 1969

It WORKED!! Setting up the camera(s) in the scene with Brock and Truck alone, one on top and one inside the truck. IN the full scene, I've got three cameras setup, we see him going, coming and passing by. And Also above the truck the road underneath and inside the truck riding along. HOW COOL!!!! I am rendering all five views and will put them together as the experiment completed..And then to add a camera infront of the truck as you see in TV and movies ( as I"ve seen them film such when I lived in L.A. with the camera truck in front of the Actor car).

edited December 1969

grazzi :)

edited February 2013

and so...here it is...what I was wanting to do...I originally had some music to go with it, but becuse of copyright the video was blocked in many countries, so I had to re-do WITHOUT the music, not the feel I was going for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovTmU56aZqI&feature=youtu.be

edited February 2013

Consider doing some searches on copyrite free music and build up a list of links if you plan on doing things with music a lot in the future.

And, looks like you figured it out, 'look at' is your friend when getting a camera to follow something. There is a trick however. Often one doesn't actually want the camera to point directly at the object but to lead, follow, etc... That can be achieved by parenting a null to the object and having the camera look at the null. The null can even be moved during the animation to adjust the camera's framing of the visible object.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on