Adding an iray dome disables my emissive planes?

ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

I have a scene with two planes pumping light in at the windows that give it perfect lighting, but I have some grass and houses outside the windows to give it some realism and if I do double sided lights the area around the windows gets SUPER saturated. So I tried to do single direction planes and use a dome to light the outside (as well as get some extra light in the windows). When I render, however, it's like the planes are not even there. The inside is pitch dark!

I've tried pretty much every environment mode and it doesn't change anything. Any ideas?

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Sounds like the same problem I always have with switching from double-sided to single-sided emissives — the emissive side is pointing away from where you want it. Turn them round 180° and see if that fixes it.

• jb16jb16 Posts: 52

Just make sure you have 'two-sided light' turned on in the emissive's surfaces tab.

• Collective3dCollective3d Posts: 446

It is possible the dome is overpowering the emissive plane.  Domes put out a ton of light.  You might have to increase the lumens on the planes by quite a lot, and adjust your EV as necessary.