installing V4 problems

davesolodavesolo Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Forum,
I am wanting to use genx to create some older v4 characters. I redownloaded all my v4 files. When i go to install the v4 base, I click the application, the windows warning comes up. I click yes to proceed. Then a window pops up that has the file name of the v4 file PS_PE069_Victoria4 on the heading, other than that the window is blank, and nothing happens. I have clicked all over the empty window. Hit tab and the enter in the hope that just some text was not missing and nada! I have redownloaded the files 3 times and still same thing.

Any Ideas?

DAZ_error.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 460K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When i go to install the v4 base, I click the application, the windows warning comes up. I click yes to proceed. Then a window pops up that has the file name of the v4 file PS_PE069_Victoria4 on the heading, other than that the window is blank, and nothing happens

' the windows warning comes up' What warning?

Are you using Windows 8 by any chance? If so, try running it in compatibility mode for Win 7, and see if that works.

• davesolodavesolo Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

That fixed it. I though choosing run as admin would fix it but, clicking troubleshoot compatibility fixed it! Thanks