How to use V4 skins and Clothes on G3F

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
edited May 2017 in The Commons

I thought I owned every converter known to man, but can't figure this out.  I have some G3F harem style poses I have to use for a project, but the outfit I want to use is a V4 outfit with a low rise flared skirt (Powerage Bang Bang skirt). When I put it on G3F, the front and back center look all stretched out sideways and has black spikes sticking out of it. Attaching an image showing front, but back is the same.

Also, I changed G3F to have V4 UV's in the Surfaces tab, but am unable to make V4 skins apply to her.  They are in plain .pz2 format, but some are in .pz2 format with the little orange scroll at the top that shows they are DS friendly. How do I make any of them work?

Sorry for 2 questions in one post, but am trying to be efficient. 

Thanks for any help as long as it doesn't involve anything with bones, deformers or rigging of any sort.  I don't have any experience or knowledge there.

V4 BangBangSkirt on G3F - stretching and spikes sticking out.jpg
525 x 875 - 52K
makeups pz2 with DS compatibility.JPG
303 x 400 - 30K
Post edited by sapat on

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,903

For the skirt, double check Smoothing. On a lot of old clothing, smoothing is set to 20, which does weird things nowadays; change smoothing to 2.

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

If Will's suggestion doesn't work, an alternative is to just parent the skirt to the lower abdomen and use any bones and/or handles to modify the shape and drape. You can scale bones to help fit the skirt, and I dare say the skirt has morphs (they may be hidden). D-Forms are also useful and can be baked to a morph. I sometimes get fed up of the fitting tools and use the above way for drapey stuff.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,081
    edited May 2017

There's a good chance you need to convert the V4 materials to .duf before applying them, surface names are not the same as for V4 so pz2 won't work.

Post edited by Leana on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Thanks so much.  Will try Will's smoothing advice, and if it doesn't work, I'll check the other, although I don't have a clue about deformers or D-Forms. Wouldn't even know where to start!

Oh Leana, could that be the problem with the skins?  Don't know how to convert pz2 to duf.  Anyone have any advice?  Or do I just rename the file extension from pz2 to duf like when I used to rename mc6 to pz2 back in the day?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    sapat said:

Thanks so much.  Will try Will's smoothing advice, and if it doesn't work, I'll check the other, although I don't have a clue about deformers or D-Forms. Wouldn't even know where to start!

Oh Leana, could that be the problem with the skins?  Don't know how to convert pz2 to duf.  Anyone have any advice?  Or do I just rename the file extension from pz2 to duf like when I used to rename mc6 to pz2 back in the day?

There is, I think, a batch converter in the store.  Until then, I usually apply to Genesis 1 (which can take .pz2 files), then save as a new .duf preset.  (I then use the surfaces tab to apply face options by browsing the apropriate folder)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,329

You can apply them to V4 and save as a material preset.

You also need to run the Prepare script which loads the geografts, thats if you are using the convertor by Caymen Studios.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    scorpio said:

You can apply them to V4 and save as a material preset.

You also need to run the Prepare script which loads the geografts, thats if you are using the convertor by Caymen Studios.

Ok, I can do that, and I do own this converter by Caymen Studios:  https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

Hopefully it's not a no-no to post a link to 'the other store'. Is that the Caymen Studio converter you mean?  

When I have G3F loaded, I can do the UV Map drop down menu and the option is there to use V4 maps which makes G3F look a mess.  So if I use the prepare script which makes the geograft, then once I convert the pz2 to duf, I can apply the V4 skins directly to G3F?