Sorry for all the bother! But I need help again....

AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
edited February 2013 in New Users

Ok, so it seems I'm really out of the loop here at Daz3D and the new forums and stuff, because I can't find my old threads and I just can't find anything at all... So please forgive me for making yet another topic asking for help.

So I have yet to hear/read a concrete answer regarding GenX. Plain and simple, my question is, should I expect a Genesis identical twin to my Gen4 character or just a Genesis "sibling"? Here is why I ask. Genesis is on the left, M4 on the right. I can *clearly* tell which one is my original Gen4 character. Here was my work flow: Load my M4 character, export as obj, load a new blank M4, import "Daren" obj to make it a one dial thing on the blank M4, then re-export that morphed Daren as a figure, and use THAT figure as the one being applied to Genesis via GenX. Again, I can tell the difference. Should I? Or should it look much more similar?

I'd really like some help here, and I promise I'll stop bugging you guys,

Genesis_Daren.jpg
768 x 718 - 198K
Post edited by AngelusPrime on

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

That's consistent with what I would expect from GenX (important caveat: I don't own GenX). I don't think it's a problem with GenX, per se...because of the differences in the mesh, even Michael 4 Base will look a bit different than Genesis with the M4 shape and texture.

For your old threads, if they were before May 2012, you should check: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com Everything should be there, except for the Members Only forum.

• AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

To be very honest, I was expecting a few subtle differences, exactly due to mesh density like you said, but I guess I just needed a confirmation. I'm managing to make the Genesis Daren look a bit more like the M4 Daren with a few dial twists but I'm missing some Gen4 dials that Genesis doesn't have... May have to transfer those over. (sidenote - Why doesn't Genesis have expressions!? *grumble*) That said, I think that answered this question very well. Thanks so much!

edited December 1969

Ok, so just one more question. *Why* doesn't Genesis come with expressions?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

It comes with a few. You can find them by selecting Genesis's head and going to "Pose Controls" within the "Parameters" pane. You can also dial your own expressions using the individual eye, mouth, etc. sliders in "Pose Controls."

Why doesn't Genesis come with more? Probably so they can sell them to us. ;-) http://www.daz3d.com/animations-poses/expressions?compat_figures=28

"Genesis Evolution: Expressions" is a very handy set because the expressions are set to sliders. I've also used "Expressive for Genesis" and "Real Emotions for DAZ Studio 4" and gotten good results from those, but they work like poses rather than dials that you can adjust.

edited December 1969

Hmmmmmmm. That's rather... not nice, heh. Well, I guess into the wishlist they go for the time being. Thanks!