hi does anyone know what this for and how to use it

lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer       i have no idea how to use it and what its for   thanks so much 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/164851/just-released-scene-optimizer-commercial

It's for reducing the memory footprint of a scene to make the viewport more responsive and to fit on GPUs for Iray rendering.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

I'm actually running a test on this atm.  It comes with a pdf but I found that very overwhelming.  It would be nice if the optimizer came with a string of how to videos or if someone would put some up on youtube.  I think the main theory is that most people are not going to need an image that is larger than screen size, however the items come with textures that are at least twice that, sometimes more.  So you can reduce textures and other maps to a reasonable size and not see a difference in quality.  I make print book covers so I have to keep my render quality really high, however I rarely need a texture to be 4000px wide or tall even when doing a close up.  Usually I could get away with about 500 px unless it is a closeup.  So for me this could be a real game changer.  If you are having problems with renders taking too long this could help you.

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

ty very much for your help 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    freni-kyn said:

I'm actually running a test on this atm.  It comes with a pdf but I found that very overwhelming.  It would be nice if the optimizer came with a string of how to videos or if someone would put some up on youtube.  I think the main theory is that most people are not going to need an image that is larger than screen size, however the items come with textures that are at least twice that, sometimes more.  So you can reduce textures and other maps to a reasonable size and not see a difference in quality.  I make print book covers so I have to keep my render quality really high, however I rarely need a texture to be 4000px wide or tall even when doing a close up.  Usually I could get away with about 500 px unless it is a closeup.  So for me this could be a real game changer.  If you are having problems with renders taking too long this could help you.

That's good to know about high res renders. I picked it up but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I would definitely like to know how well it works for you. If you post your progress in the commercial thread, more people will benefit from it, thanks.