how to trun off shadows globally

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

how to trun off shadows globally

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Shadows are not turned on for Lights by default. You have to turn them on yourself, so they are globally off anyway.

What lights were you having a problem with?

• edited December 1969

well i only have uber env on my scene. I want no shadows to made with any object whasover. Anyway to do that.
    I wont be adding any light only uber

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Under "Lights -> UberEnvironment -> Light -> Basic" there is an option called "Environment Mode" change it to ambient. This means you won't get any occlusion either, so bear that in mind. It's essentially a flat lighting.

• edited December 1969

That gives crap renders

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

That gives crap renders

UberEnvironment is designed to give shadows. If you want to disable them, that's really the only way to use UE and get what you want. Occlusion, by its very nature, is a type of shadowing.
    edited February 2013

Uber has various settings that you can use, but I believe that they all make use of shadows, the light would not look real otherwise. If you don;t want shadows at all from any object in your scene, then you would be better off using non-shader lights. The images would render much faster as well. Why don;t you want shadows on anything if you don;t mind me asking?

For any object that you dont want to cast shadows, select the object, go to the Parameters pane, Display > Rendering, and change Cast Shadows to Off.

EDIT:
    Another XPost, soryy HoF :)

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Do non shader lights give as good renders as with uber env.
    I am creating renders of limbs at different position and when it has props which might cast some shadow. Then there is slight difference between orginal image and my new render. And since i dont know photoshop i dont know how to make them look equal.

edited February 2013

If you find that UE is still casting shadows where you don;t want any, you could do your render in two passes. Hide the prop if it is causing problems, and render as a PNG file. Then hide the limb, unhide the prop, and render that seperately, also as a PNG. Then all you need to do, is to composite them both in PS or PSP of Gimp, by putting each one on a seperate layer. There is no real knowledge of Photoshop required to do that.

Just don't move anything in the Scene between renders. Would that help?

Any kind of lighting can achieve great results if done correctly, but lighting is one of the most difficult things to learn sometimes. Give it a try, and we are always here to help if you need it. We have members here who are very good with lighting setups and can advise you further.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

would the RiSpec Ambiant light preset be a solution here? I remember seeing it, and I haven't actually played with it, but I was just wondering...