Transform Gizmo not staying on

timrathtimrath Posts: 42
edited February 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have to turn the Transform Gizmo on at the start of every session, because Studio won't remember the setting. Every time I restart DS, the Gizmo is off again. How can i force it to always stay on?

Reason for edit: typo in thread title

Post edited by timrath on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't know why it would do that, it always comes up the way I left it last time, no matter what way the viewport was, or whatever tool wa selected. You are saying that you exit from DS with the Transform Tool selected, and the next time you load it, andother tool is selected? What other tool as a matter of interest?

Are you sure you are running as Admin? What OS are you using.

I can only think that DS is not allowed to write to a folder it needs to write to, and it looks like a permissions problem to me. I have never seen that behaviour.

• timrathtimrath Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

No, not the Transform Tool itself, but the Transform Gizmo. It's that thing with the 3 dimension arrows that you can turn on and off when Transform is selected. You can use it to transform only in a specific dimension.

edited December 1969

I found it at last. You mean in conjunction with the Active Pose Tool, there is a setting in the Tool Settings pane to switch it on or off.

It doesn't stay on for me either, it doesn't look like that is saved after each session. I don;t know if anyone else can help you more, but you could try reporting it as a bug.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I think,,when save it as scene, the tool property may saved

on these case,,, I overwrite default scene too.
    I often change default scene (setting or back gorund etc)

open tool setting tab,, I set poze tool, Tfansforms Gizmo On,
    then save the scene . (it may overwrite default scene,I think,,)

and we can change default scene
    Edit>preferences>scene and start up pane.
    on each pane,, we can change the default file. :roll:
    may it not help you?

edited December 1969

A good idea, I never thought of that one, but it doesn't work for me.

I loaded the default scene, Genesis.DUF, changed the Tool Settings to Gizmo 'On', saved it over the default scene, loaded it again, and tI still had to reset the Gizmo to On again. There doesn't seem to be any way to do it.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

really???

wao,,, it can not work,, I now check it,,,

sorry,,,

if I close the ds , then open the scene,, it can not record the status of tools,,

why why why! ^^;

edited December 1969

The state of the Tool Settings pane is not recorded by the look of things, when saving a Scene file.

This may be a bug, and it should be reported anyway. I will do it if you like?

edited December 1969

I have submitted a Bug Report for the Gizmo information not being saved.

Anyone interested can add their comments as well. : https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49230