SOLVED: Advanced Tri-Ax Rigging Inquiry: Auto-linking Non-unique Defined Body Nodes

DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798

***Never-mind. After six weeks of trial-n-error, over one-thousand different possible combinations tried, numerous Studio crashes, and literally destroying Genesis on screen ("nan" easter-egg, that was fun), I have finally solved the issue.

Hi all...

Hoping one of the advanced riggers, or masters, such as Robwiz will happen upon this thread to enlighten me one way, or another regarding this.

As it stands, auto-linking non Genesis nodes (in this case, Accessories) to Genesis body nodes via Pose Controls is a piece of cake.

Using a JCM paradigm, and Genesis' unique node qualifiers (linked to basic pose nodes only unique to each individual body parts name) it is accessible to create linked Pose Controls for the accessory figure to the "Fit To" master (Genesis). However, without "Scalar" contributions other than 1:1 for all reverse deformation morph corrections.

*Inquiry:

How would one go about linking morph corrections (JCM's) for the same accessory to the individual body part nodes (Pelvis, Abdomen, Abdomen2, Chest, etc.) that do not have unique qualifiers, but only generic (X/Y/Z Rotate, Translate, Scale) ones for each defined part?

I have tried six ways to Sunday, but I can not find a solution. The closest I have come for any ties between the two was to "parent" the accessory to Genesis after the "fit to". This way, both show up under Genesis in the Property Editor, but I still can not define any ERC linking in the accessory to Genesis' individual body parts.

The good thing about the individual body part reverse deformation morph corrections is the Scalar usage for exact one to one representation, but without any kind of binding the end user would have to make the correction by hand, and do the math themselves (or eyeball it).

Am I asking too much of Genesis, and this Tri-Ax rigging technology?

Please, can it simply not be done?

Or, if it can, how, pray-tell, would one go about it?

Thanks in advance, all ye gurus.

Post edited by DaremoK3 on