More site weirdness - Platinum Club non-charges, unsubscribes, and 'Access to forum denied'

bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
edited December 1969 in The Commons

More strange things seem to be happening on the site. I thought I'd describe what I'm seeing here rather than filing a support ticket so that if other people are seeing the same thing, they'll know that they're not alone, and will see any eventual explanation from DAZ moderators.

I just got two email messages from DAZ. One said that I had unsubscribed from the newsletter (which I hadn't). I'm hoping that that's just them transitioning to a new mailing list or rebooting the existing one or something.

The second was an order confirmation, which said that I'd been charged $1.00 for Platinum Club annual renewal (bargain!) but that it had been fully paid for with a $1 store credit. On my dashboard, the status of that transaction is shown as 'Suspended'.

Obviously, neither of these odd messages was in response to any action on my part. I'm guessing that they're part of the shakedown process (in the sense of 'shaking down' a new machine to get it to work right, rather than 'shaking down' someone for money!), but they're a little bewildering.

I am currently unable to access the Members Only forum; it doesn't show up in the list of forums to which I have access displayed on the page, and if I try to go to it from the pulldown menu I get a "You do not have access to this forum" message displayed on a liver-colored background.

Strange days indeed ...

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

I know, it just completely logged me out of the forums and wouldn't let me back in, had to log in via the store. first time that's happened to me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

angusm said:
    More strange things seem to be happening on the site. I thought I'd describe what I'm seeing here rather than filing a support ticket so that if other people are seeing the same thing, they'll know that they're not alone, and will see any eventual explanation from DAZ moderators.

I just got two email messages from DAZ. One said that I had unsubscribed from the newsletter (which I hadn't). I'm hoping that that's just them transitioning to a new mailing list or rebooting the existing one or something.

The second was an order confirmation, which said that I'd been charged $1.00 for Platinum Club annual renewal (bargain!) but that it had been fully paid for with a $1 store credit. On my dashboard, the status of that transaction is shown as 'Suspended'.

Obviously, neither of these odd messages was in response to any action on my part. I'm guessing that they're part of the shakedown process (in the sense of 'shaking down' a new machine to get it to work right, rather than 'shaking down' someone for money!), but they're a little bewildering.

I am currently unable to access the Members Only forum; it doesn't show up in the list of forums to which I have access displayed on the page, and if I try to go to it from the pulldown menu I get a "You do not have access to this forum" message displayed on a liver-colored background.

Strange days indeed ...

Try logging out, closing your browser, clearing Cache and cookies, maybe even browsing history. Restart Browser and log back into Daz again. If you still cannot acces the MO forum, then try a forced refresh. You are shown in your profile as a PC member, so should be able to access the forum.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

Same thing happening here. AND it charged me tax. I clicked to go resubscribe thinking it must just be a glitch and it goes to a password protected page.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I too got an unsubscribed notice a couple of hours ago. Strange sign-in pop-up. It had my user info, but wouldn't accept my password. I signed into daz3d with no problems, went to my newsletter subscriptions--right! I wasn't subscribed to any newsletters. When I tried to re-subscribe, my only choice was general subscription.

Also, I haven't received any notices of forum postings today.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited June 2012

I have in more than one occasion upon entering the website, seen this "not [enter random user name]?", where my name should appear. I am the only one using my home computer no one else, so it is a bit disturbing to see other unknown individual names displayed. This is also the first and only website I have ever encountered such a thing.

Just out of curiousity , do PC members still get the monthly $6.00 discount coupon?

Post edited by ThatGuy on
  • edited June 2012

I have in more than one occasion upon entering the website, seen this "not [enter random user name]?", where my name should appear. I am the only one using my home computer no one else, so it is a bit disturbing to see other unknown individual names displayed. This is also the first and only website I have ever encountered such a thing.

Just out of curiousity , do PC members still get the monthly $6.00 discount coupon?

There are threads about both these issues. The gist of them is:
    1--The "someone else's name" is a glitch & there is no security concern, even if it is disturbing. DAZ_bfurner says that clearing your caches and cookies, then restarting should solve the problem. However, many forum users report it doesn't help at all or only works for a short time. This is covered in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1557/

2--Yes, PC member still get the coupons, but due to site issues, the June one hasn't been released yet. When it is, the code will be found in the Members Only forum &/or the PC newsletter

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The "not xxx" is a known issue that DAZ 3D is working on, caused by incorrect cached page elements being sent. Some people are still sometimes seeing wrong names and number of items in wishlist. If you attempt to view any other account information you will be prompted to log in.

Coupons are still not working properly. DAZ 3D have said the Supersuit will go back on sale when the coupons are working and PC coupons are issued.

edited December 1969

Thanks and sorry because I posted my message earlier before I saw the other thread about seeing another person's name.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited June 2012

chohole said:

Try logging out, closing your browser, clearing Cache and cookies, maybe even browsing history. Restart Browser and log back into Daz again. If you still cannot acces the MO forum, then try a forced refresh. You are shown in your profile as a PC member, so should be able to access the forum.

Thanks, Chohole.

For me, logging out and back in was sufficient, without the need to go nuclear on my stored cookies.

Using the new DAZ site currently feels a little like being in an active earthquake zone.

"I think it's quieting down now ... no, wait, there it goes again ..."

Post edited by bytescapes on
    edited December 1969

I am 99.5% sure that this has been asked, but for the life of me cannot find anything about it (also I am at work so I really can't spend much time browsing through the threads). Currently, the site will not tell you if the item you just put in your cart is something you had already purchased, which was done in the old site. Will this be brought back so as to prevent duplication of purchases? It is such a big time saver.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I am 99.5% sure that this has been asked, but for the life of me cannot find anything about it (also I am at work so I really can't spend much time browsing through the threads). Currently, the site will not tell you if the item you just put in your cart is something you had already purchased, which was done in the old site. Will this be brought back so as to prevent duplication of purchases? It is such a big time saver.

It is a feature they want to bring back, no idea when they'll be able to.