Tell Us! Links To Favorite Gallery / Art Studio Renders

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Nice new renders everyone.

Unfortunately I have no changes to my Top 10 list as the threshold of position 10 is 15 likes.The last render I did that got 15 likes or more was Aug 8 2019.  I did have a few get 8 - 12 likes since then though; but since I consider 5 likes as reliable indicator of a successfully composed scene no new scene is my top 10 isn't a disappointment and 5 likes or more is enough to make me happy.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Another new one for the list, the latest installment of the Keller serie (which has been rather silent for a while)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@carolao   What a beautiful story, very powerful.

Thank you! It was hard to make it honestly, since I wanted both the story and the render to have an impact yet not put blame to anyone. Hopefully I succeeded :)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I have added a new image to my list

Sad but nice Kismet! :)

Thank you @Carola O

Another one for my list, a rather dark, moody one.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,312
    edited September 2022

I haven't been posting to the galleries until recently. But I have now put a few of my images that I like best in My Gallery

1) Sailing to the Unknown 

2) Portrait of a Mother 

3) First Flight - December 17, 1903 (based on this historic photograph: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Wright_First_Flight_1903Dec17_(full_restore_115).jpg)

4) Fire on the Mountain (A small tribute to the Marshall Tucker Band) 

5) Watching the Heavens New 11 Sept 2022

6) One Small Step (An older one I did a few years ago in 3DL)

7) Band Practice

8) 1950's Space Art (My tribute to Chesly Bonestell)

9) The Prophet

10) Thank You For Your Service 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Wonderful images @Charlie Judge

A good variety Charlie! Of course, I like the horse and knight LOL. Each one has a different emphasis, the plane with the stark environment showcases the plane well, whereas the prophet is more about the lighting. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,312
    edited September 2020

Thanks Kismet2012 and Novica.

The stark environment in First Flight was from Mesa Desert with the mesa removed; and then I added the few other objects like bench and the shovel, board, & can group as well as the beam launching rail that were in the historical photograph. Mesa Desert was the closest I could come to the barren wind blown sand of the original photograph. The plane is the free BVR 1903 Wright Flyer .

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Welcome to our little corner Charlie, nice pictures! 

Here's another Keller pic for the list, more humor than in my last two pictures lol

Interesting way to deal with an alarm clock...but it would be worth it for the extra snooze time.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,117
    edited October 2020

Take Your Daughter to Berzerk - my favorite thing I've done artistically. I love the concept, love the ridiculous title, and the render itself turned out uncommonly well for me.

Mr. Ma - at the time, this was by far my most advanced modeling, and I'm fairly happy with how it all turned out, as janky as it is. If I did it again today, it would turn out better on all fronts, but I think I did a pretty good job for the assets I had available and my skills at the time.

Playtime's Over - named Best Image by a New User in last year's It's Raining Men competition, which was a huge honor. Most of my renders are based around jokes, but this one captured a moment pretty well.

Choose Your Own Render - Batgirl and Harley (part 1 and 2) - I may resurrect this idea for a challenge thread. Stand-alone renders are perfectly fine, but it could be interesting to see what people could come up with if forced to think beyond a single frame.

Centaurwash - this one took a lot more work than might be immediately apparent. I modeled the brush pretty early on, when I knew a lot less about how to model efficiently and keep the poly count low, and I tried simulating the bubbles in the tub, but was never able to get it to a point I was satisfied with. Much later, I picked up one of KindredArts' products which let me put the finishing touches on it, and I added a few grazing chickens for atmosphere. Again, just a moment, but I like how it turned out, and these characters are fun to work with. Fun side story: I posted this at roughly the same time as another render that showed three topless mermaids lounging on the beach chatting. Their breasts were all obscured by hair or their arms, but it was still removed from the gallery for being too sexually suggestive; this render, however, was allowed to stay, despite it being far more sexually suggestive.

Belly Rub - my most extensively postworked render. Lighting underwater scenes is always tricky, but on top of that, I also applied some light DOF via a depth canvas, and composited in a water background, since none of the underwater HDRIs I've found look that great to me.

The Last Straw - a major theme of my work is juxtaposing the mundane with the absurd. I also don't often add copy to my renders, but I think it really adds a lot to this one.

On Your Mark - that dolphin side-eye kills me every time.

Where Are You? - I don't think I've done atmostpheric lighting this well since. Junk, whose renders I really admire, said this looked like it was out of an animated movie, which was a huge compliment.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Well, I've been absent for a few months, dealing with life.  But the last few days have been creative.

I added a new one to the list, at some point I should probably re-order it.  It was tough choosing what to take out, so I dropped a really popular one that I didn't think was all that great in the end.

Well, I've been absent for a few months, dealing with life.  But the last few days have been creative.

I added a new one to the list, at some point I should probably re-order it.  It was tough choosing what to take out, so I dropped a really popular one that I didn't think was all that great in the end.

Deciding which one to remove is a challenge.

There is nothing like a good bath.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

@evilded777: Nice to have you back! smiley

1. Bath Time -- serving another muse, I needed some art therapy New 10/225/20

Hope the art therapy worked-  you have a very interesting date. :)   

• Haven't been visiting this thread in a while!

Great new images!

Here are three new images from my gallery :

Sisters! or How could Ariel be mad at her little sister?

And for cat lovers 2 new images :

Chasing and Sleepy

or in this thread : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3433196/#Comment_3433196

@xmasrose   That yawning kitty is so cute! 

Novica said:

@xmasrose   That yawning kitty is so cute! 

Ditto.  If I saw that little kitty like that in real life I'd be running for a camera.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    edited February 2021

I decided to join the merry bunch here after I accumulated enough renders that are hopefully at least somewhat presentable.blush

My Daz Gallery:

1) Damsel in Distress
    2) Morning Piano Lessons
    3) A Warm Smile
    4) Size Matters
    5) What Do We Have Here?
    6) What a Find!
    7) ***no human threat detected***
    8) Prayer in the Woods
    9) They Left in a Hurry
    10) This one said she would get you, lizard!

I plan to eventually create an Art Studio thread for a Steampunk themed world I have been working on for a long time. When I get more renders for such a thread (renders 5, 6 and 7 above will be there), I shall update this post.

Post edited by watchdog79 on

I decided to join the merry bunch here after I accumulated enough renders that are hopefully at least somewhat presentable.blush

My Daz Gallery:

1) Damsel in Distress
    2) Morning Piano Lessons
    3) A Warm Smile
    4) Size Matters
    5) What Do We Have Here?
    6) What a Find!
    8) Prayer in the Woods
    9) They Left in a Hurry

I plan to eventually create an Art Studio thread for a Steampunkthemed  world I have been working on for a long time. When I get more renders for such a thread (renders 5, 6 and 7 above will be there), I shall update this post.

Hi @watchdog79.  This is a great collection but the link for #10 seems to go to someone else's image.  Maybe a number is missing or wrong in the link.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    edited November 2020

My Daz Gallery:

1) Damsel in Distress
    2) Morning Piano Lessons
    3) A Warm Smile
    4) Size Matters
    5) What Do We Have Here?
    6) What a Find!
    8) Prayer in the Woods
    9) They Left in a Hurry

I plan to eventually create an Art Studio thread for a Steampunkthemed  world I have been working on for a long time. When I get more renders for such a thread (renders 5, 6 and 7 above will be there), I shall update this post.

Hi @watchdog79.  This is a great collection but the link for #10 seems to go to someone else's image.  Maybe a number is missing or wrong in the link.

Thank you, and link corrected.smiley

Post edited by watchdog79 on
  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Sorry for being AWAL.  I've been concentrating on writing.  

I tried to catch up but I need to wait until Daz brings the galleries back up.

I have been creating custom characters for my book, but haven't done any portraits.  The standard A or T position just won't cut it.  I just finished a portrait, and well, have to wait for Daz Galleries.

Now with the galleries open again, I've added some pics to my list :) Enjoy