Trees and park land... first try

Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

First try here, consists of 3 separately-rendered layers of about 2 hours each on my ooold computer here. The main trees are from Larsen's chateau model, the rolling terrain is a morphing primitive by Maclean, and the ground shader is one of JGreenlees' iray ones. Bit of RDNA grass thrown in as well. LOTS of postwork: some good, some not so much. (Just working quickly to assemble it. and see how it sort of comes together.)

At first I started with one tree in the center but it seemed a bit spare so I changed the composition, adding 1 duplicate tree on the left, and a new and different tree on the far right. Layering it this way makes all the trees seem a bit thicker. smiley

parkland.jpg
1700 x 956 - 853K

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I like it

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Like a walk in the park. :) Nice 1st try! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Nice!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Great job of putting it all together like that!!!

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Thanks for the nice comments... I actually stayed with it for a while, trying various things. I spent 6 hours rendering another tree a few times (Figure 1) and I then copied and pasted the tree a few times, shoving bits of tree over to the left and the right side. It started to be a lot of fun, except... this could go on forever esp. if you are a fuzzy person who likes to fiddle. smiley

It's too bad I had such awful blue sky in my base layer... anyway I am having trouble understanding the cones of the studio lights and what/which objects are illuminated and where, and why. Subsequent trees got brighter and brighter - they seemed to be in the "sunlight" more. So I lightened the foreground and stuck my dog into the dappled grass. Presto, it's a sort of Bambi scene! Ha ha ha, here comes summer!

Lots of mistakes are visible in my work files, like the broken branch (blue arrow) and various muddy areas (red arrow). Working on a matching headline with my dog's name.

figure-1.jpg
    1024 x 653 - 352K
    forest-parkland-scene-wip.jpg
    1850 x 1023 - 582K
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2017

Btw before I hit on the idea of the dog, which is a cut-out from a photo I took myself, I considered a woodsy, female figure in leather or an elvish-faery type, looking up at the sky. The sprite for G3F might do it; see also "woodland" items in the DAZ store. I also thought of making it a little boy like Christopher Robin ("Winnie the Pooh"). Anyway, so surprising to come this far after starting with a primitive plane shape.

Edit: quick fix applied to the broken branch + more vibrance on the right side... this is a two-frame, animated GIF file, about 1.3 Mb. Feel free to right-click or tap and choose "Save As..."

All comments appreciated btw, even technical ones about my animated GIF format... the forums software doesn't seem to support animations; worse if you tried to D/L my two-frame file, half of it would be stripped out, or at least I'm guessing that's what happens because the animation went away, and the file size was cut in half. (!) What's bugging me right now (Fri. March 31, 2017) is that it says "Netscape" in my file for some reason... wasn't the Netscape palette shorter than 256 colors? If so that is probably what I don't want, in a file of this complexity... not really sure what I am doing or how things got that way.

Post edited by Roman_K2 on