Carrara native content

Hi all:)

After a long hiatus from CGI, I have installed C 8.1.1 manually.  Installed both Native Content files and everything is there except for Vicci, Mike, et al.  Can't find hide nor hair of any content characters in the downloaded files.  Are these no longer supplied?  Please don't tell me I have to install Daz Studio to get them!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited March 2017

Hya Roygee! That's terrific you are back, you were sorely missed. While you were gone Diaz replaced m4 and v4 with Trump one and two, and Ivana one and two. They have better bends than the previous iterations. Except their hair unbalances them of course. :) but seriously, you shouldn't need studio .Not sure where it is though. Someone will answer and add the correct answer! Stick around if you can, we need sane people .... ;) 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,913
    edited March 2017

you should have them as downloads in your account not in the Carrara content

you need to set up a Poser runtime, just a folder usually called my library or Content and unzip and merge the files into it then add the Runtime one to Carrara

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Also,. 

Anything before C8 won't support G1, G2.

If you have  an older version,. C7,. then that bundled content should include M4,V4, as starter figures,.  

Welcome back Roy :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

FWIW, I always install Poser V.7 (circa 2006) just to get its Runtime linked in Carrara's browser.  V4, M4, etc.  I have a recent version of Poser, but I recall someone knowledgable told me that at some point DAZ stopped working with the owners of Poser.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

and dont actually need daz studio installed to use ds content.

my test machine has carrara 85 by itself,

i drag content to an external library.  add it like a runtime, but highloght the 'content' option
    stuff like the daz rose in it, 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

usually m4 etc turn up in your Carrara runtime.

this is a really good search engine http://locate32.cogit.net/

you could use that to search for the m4 files to see if and where they are installed

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Thanks guys - I missed you, although I did occasionally lurk to see whether any improvements were in the offing:)

Found good old mike in my downloads - all I'm needing right now is a figure to make sure that my newest model is in proportion for a human.

I have had to downgrade to what I thought was a puny i3, so thought my CG days were over and concentrated on photography.  After an inspiring message fom head wax, I tested it.  Hex is working fine on this machine and I've made a start on a new model.  It zips through Rendering simple scenes in Carrara like a knife through butter - never realised it has 4 rendering cores!

Even rendered G3 with Blender's Cycles, so not so puny after all:)

I'm back in the saddle and rarin' to go - just like falling off a bicyle, or something like that:)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,244

Fantastic Roygee!!! Can't wait to see it (the new model) - are you going to show us?

So cool to see you again!!!! But now I'm the (mostly these days) absent one :(    I don't like being absent :(

Welcome home my friend! Cool that you have a new i3!!! yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited March 2017

Great news!  For a proportions guide, could you use free makehuman?

Great to see you posting!

Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,913

the plus side of lack of develpment is our fave softwares will still work fine on lesser hardware

unlike that show pony DAZ studio 4.9 cheeky

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Hi Dart - good to see you are still around - yes i will show it off, if the result is worth it:)

Hi diomede - still at it!

Last i looked, MakeHuman would only work if i removed Java (or some such) from the computer.  I understand that the chief developer has abandoned the project and is concentraing on a figure which works directly in Blender without having to do all the weird export/import rigmarole.

Daz figures are just so good and so much easier to pose and move beteen applications than MakeHuman. Considering I bought Carrara years ago, it is in fact free for me:)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

MakeHuman figures are ugly, on the other hand DAZ figures are beautiful.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited April 2017

Hi Roygee... it's good to have you posting again.  I've missed your wisdom on modeling.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

dont forget the howie snow scene !  iirc was a separate file d/l

and hair caps ooo wonder if the v4 hairs would recognize her uvs in the skullcap