All things The Witcher...

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Ah, yes, the lighthouse.. you didn't search the lighthouse for clues???? There's a very interesting letter in there.... (for that quest)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    glaseye said:
    Mistara said:
    glaseye said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Still here????

((((you didn't get the real killer......))))

wahhh?  

is it cause i didnt choose other question in quick decision time?

YEP......

The biggest, but at the same time also the most 'hidden', clues to who the real killer is are in the conversation between the doctor and the coroner when you 1st visted the morgue.... and don't forget Geralt's observations about the abilities the murderer has.....

No 2nd chance to get him/her though.......

Though Nathaniel deserved to die anyway, given his history...

Doh, I got the wrong guy too LOL

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    glaseye said:

A save before visiting Netty would do.... (haven't viewed al your video's yet, so don't know how far you've advanced in the mean time.....)

On a side note, you are playing on the xbox, right? The videos appear to be quit dark to me, even in daytime, compared to what I'm used to on my PC version..... specific settings you like????

yah, is the xbox1s

was trying to find a free d/ler for the tubes, couldn't find free one for 1080 HD.  

thought would be less dark if played from media player.  i been uploading 2gb files at 1080.  the 'process' prolly squishing em. >.<

• hericsherics Posts: 5
    edited September 2017

Post edited by herics on

started W3 from the beginning again.  prolly silly, level 25 back down to lvl 1.

making a few different decisions.  like the arsonist destroyed the dwarf's forge.  took the bribe to let him go.  dandelion's quest text seems a bit confused, lol.

already finding stuff i missed.  there's a locked chest in the river, swimming toward the garrison from the fishing pier area.  locked dang it.

not ready for the hard setting.  but i beat the gwent starter dude on the 1st game, he gave me rewards i don't remember from losing to him first game.

edited November 2017

cheeky Did that also, but with a little cheating this time. Playing at higher level, so I gave myself a little 'startbonus' through the console..... (better armour to start with....), now already at lvl31 again, and getting ready to confriont Eredin for the final time......

IIRC, the key for that chest is on a body nearby (just select the text to read....wink )

Post edited by glaseye on
    edited November 2017

start bonus?

it asked me i wanted to simulate played Witcher2.  did that give me differemt armor?  dang the outfit is tight on Geralt.  like corset tight.  i bet Geralt would look good in Armani. lol

found the key to the river chest. it was on a nearby body.

found 1 secret treasure at the garrison. another dead body.

know there's another secret treasure there, can't find it. >.<

what level were yoo when yoo defeated the bear near the place of power in White Orchard?

Edited to remove rogue blank lines

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631

I remember seeing a male Geralt-like model lots of time ago (should be I think for M3 or M4), but couldn't buy it at the time; I can't find him again now, and I'm not enthusiast of the new one. Somebody could help me finding again the old version? Thanks!

Ruthven said:

I remember seeing a male Geralt-like model lots of time ago (should be I think for M3 or M4), but couldn't buy it at the time; I can't find him again now, and I'm not enthusiast of the new one. Somebody could help me finding again the old version? Thanks!

Not that i recalll.... I've seen fan-art of someone using a self-made morph for M4, but nothing I recall being for sale or as a freebie

edited November 2017
    Mistara said:

start bonus?

it asked me i wanted to simulate played Witcher2.  did that give me differemt armor?  dang the outfit is tight on Geralt.  like corset tight.  i bet Geralt would look good in Armani. lol

what level were yoo when yoo defeated the bear near the place of power in White Orchard?

In the pc version you can enable the 'console' and then add 'developer' (a fancy word for cheat...cheeky) codes to give yourself various items, add experience points, heal yourself etc... As geralt is supposed to be a super fighter, it always kinda ticked me off how flimsy he is at startup, so used the console to set my level at 4 already, get some better armour and better swords.... nothing overpowered, but better suited for my play at a higher difficulty (not the quickest anymore.... my reaction time is sometimes a bit slow....wink)

Did you never use the option to simulate a witcher 2 play?  General Voorhis willl ask you a few questions "just a formalitycheeky" in his own words, about events that happened in the witcher 2 games. Depending on your answers there might be 2 more personalities from the witcher 2 games you may encounter in the witcher 3. And it may also change one ot the Velen subquests - in which you will then meat a certain rogue Witcher that - again depending on the choices you make - may or may not be present to aid you in the 'Battle of Kaer Morhen'

I think I was a t level 8 or 9 when I met that bear, but I've defeated himn at lower level also; the trick is to dance around him and make quick, short attacks, then dodge again.....

Post edited by glaseye on
    glaseye said:
    Mistara said:

start bonus?

In the pc version you can enable the 'console' and then add 'developer' (a fancy word for cheat...cheeky) codes to give yourself various items, add experience points, heal yourself etc... As geralt is supposed to be a super fighter, it always kinda ticked me off how flimsy he is at startup, so used the console to set my level at 4 already, get some better armour and better swords.... nothing overpowered, but better suited for my play at a higher difficulty (not the quickest anymore.... my reaction time is sometimes a bit slow....wink)

Did you never use the option to simulate a witcher 2 play?  General Voorhis willl ask you a few questions "just a formalitycheeky" in his own words, about events that happened in the witcher 2 games. Depending on your answers there might be 2 more personalities from the witcher 2 games you may encounter in the witcher 3. And it may also change one ot the Velen subquests - in which you will then meat a certain rogue Witcher that - again depending on the choices you make - may or may not be present to aid you in the 'Battle of Kaer Morhen'

I think I was a t level 8 or 9 when I met that bear, but I've defeated himn at lower level also; the trick is to dance around him and make quick, short attacks, then dodge again.....

my Geralt is a feared of the bear at lvl 2.  got the 1 place of power near the herablists hut.  weak wraith.

spent my 1st point on Axii, 2nd on fast attack.

edited November 2017

found the viper silver sword diagram.  finding enough silver to craft was another challenge.

viper steel sword must be around here somewhere.

and ran into that liar guy wanted me to find his box.  he ran away and my poor Geralt couldn't catch him.  >.< coulda took the feigned ignorance option.  wondering how many exp points i missed out on.

Post edited by Mistara on

up to lvl 6.
    havent found venom oil or draconid oil, really need draconid oil to get to the griffin sword diagram.

i screwed up at crossroads inn.  the 2 baron's men goons came in.

my geralt was like, i'm not done with my drink.
    the a timer choice came up, picked offer them a drink.
    goons said something rude.
    nother timer choice came up, forget geralt said
    goons attacked.

meeting barons guys on the road, attacking geralt on sight. 

they wouldnt let geralt in to see the baron.
    had to find underwater cave.  hate swimming under water caves  lol
    anyway, is okay now, started baron quest.
    played gwent with Barom., won! 

smiley The Baron is not all bad,,,, his 'men' though usually give me a sour taste.... too bad the game won't give you/me the chance to teach them all a lesson they won't forget....

Just defeated Eredin; had to say goodbye to Ciri a few (game)months later......

At lvl 35 now, off to meet the knights and onwards to greener and warmer pastures......

(My gwent still s*cks, just not my 'game' cheeky )

the scorch card makes yell at outloud smiley

reading about the moonblade.  haz to fight underwater drowners to get to it.
    i'm lvl 6 and still fighting with viper swords.

wanna take time between quests to render a santa geralt  tee hee

headed for the place of power way south velen.  130 xp points from level 7 devil

Relaxing in the sunny south, renovating my estate, helping a silly smitten knight.... Ah yes, still that little nuisance 'bout a powerful monster that needs to be found and destroyed.......... ah, a witcher's work is never done...

• Ruthven said:

There was a "White Wolf" for sale on RDNA, for M4. Maybe it got transferred to DAZ, or maybe not. Looked very close to the original TW model.

lvl7 

5% axii rune doesnt seem to help in battle, always breaks on 1 hit.

cleared the dragon grotto, griffin diagrams cant wear til lvl 11.
    nasty lvl10 ekimara at nd of that cave. 

the keira quest says lvl 6.  iirc fight with the wildhunt in there,
    had a tough,tough time at lvl12 last playthrough, how can it say lvl6? is prepostorous!!smiley

cheeky It can be done at lower lvl (though I would recommend leveling up higher then 6 indeed before going with Keira to the elven hideout wink ); again it is all about quick strikes, dodging and a good development of quen ...

usually, I do quite a few of the barons' questline 1st, including subquests, to level up....

dont want to do botchling again. cant remember if other option.

found the enhanced black blood, but not the base 
    no hybrid oil.
    found insect oil and hangman's venom in white lady's tower.

made superior beast oil image

cheeky superior beast oil was the last I made, very rare ingredient (stomach) much more needed for other oils..... for far more dangerous creatures then beasts (at least IMO ... smiley )

edited December 2017
    glaseye said:

cheeky superior beast oil was the last I made, very rare ingredient (stomach) much more needed for other oils..... for far more dangerous creatures then beasts (at least IMO ... smiley )

the shrieker contract, next to crow's perch, gave the cockatrice stomach for sup beast oil.  
    trying to remember where i found the draconid oil to defeat cockatrice

mebbe was the draconid oil in white ladie's tower and the insect oil was in dragon grotto.
    needed the essence of wraith for the spector oil.
    cant make killer whale potion yet. died twice by drowners so far, blighters. dunn what blighters are but feels apt for drowners lol

cant beat the over my lvl beasties without the oils.

Post edited by Mistara on

Not many cockatrices around, so used the stomach(s) 1st for enhanced and superior draconid oil.....

found the black blood formula smiley  was under the water, swimming the whispering hillock.

freed the tree spirit, haven't met the crones yet.  supposedly, this will be a better ending for Baron and his wife.
    felt bad about the horsie.  wait to those villagers find out geralt freed it.

the place of power by bald mountain, i can't get there til Ciri wants to fight the crones?

went through every bookshelf in vizima.  want the empress ending for Ciri.

Yep, bald mountain is inaccessible untill.....

Empress ending for Ciri, make the right choices during the earlier quests so she stays alive after the final quest, and make the right choice after the Kaer Morhen Battle......

there's a lvl 27 alghoul at the Byways.  threw grapeshot at them, didn't help.  3rd reload i snuck up to the fasttravel, vamoosed out of there.  i have no markers to get near Keira waiting by the cave.

the wraiths at grislow were too strong for me.  rolled geralt passed them. 
    made it to the place of power at the southmost bit of the worldmap.

met with a list of dandelion's lady friends, and 1 dubious elf. left rose for last.

lvl 8 

Ahhh, Vespula, after all those years, she's still in a hate/love/hate live and let not live (!) relation with Dandelion....

BTW, did you examine the Rosemary thoroughly? Esp. the notice / painting / award that are on the walls? You'll get some funny remarks from Zoltan on them...