All things The Witcher...

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2017

the bruxa with the hand?  i can't beat her at lvl 25 >.<

and Heart of Stone is lvl 32.  i made it to the rune guy. gave him the 5,000 coin.  but now he wants a piece of jade, the jade cave says lvl 30s  doh, really wanted slots ready for superior kittycat gear.  found pink dye in toussant.  pink catgear. can't wait!

up/l several new clips of triss novingrad quests. 

starting with:

was able to save 1 mage from the pyre, guards were lvl 12, usually they like lvl 30. tried to ard out the fire and they attacked. played a few rounds of gwent. won the dandelion card.  stood and watched the vegelbud doggies doing their tricks, like roll over. 

working on priscilla's quest.  bad guy wasn't at vegelbuds. upset, the dogs attacked,   tried evading the guards without killing them.
    ​what was Prisicilla doing walking down an alley in south novingrad at night all by her lonesome?
    Geralt and Dandelion should've went with her.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

LOL Bruxa is really hard at low level. I might have to reload an earlier save and spend those 6 points I have from leveling up before (I tend to not realize I level up and forget to spend the points)

I had her down to less than 1/2 her life before I made a mistake. It only takes 3 hits from her and I die

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

blood and wine is going to be really tough at that level...especially if you're short on potion recipes and sign development?  once you're past the beginning, the enemies get tougher and tougher pretty fast.

yrden in magic trap mode and the black blood potion can help a lot with the bruxa. good luck!

j

I can't remember exact names but I believe I have 4 of the blood potions that hurt vampires when they damage me so I use one of those right away, then I put an oil on my blade that does extra damage to vampires as well.

Then my tactic is to dive-roll in circles around the room until she does her scream then hit her with either axii or aard to get her to stop moving for a second and run up and hit her a couple times, then start diving around the room again. LOL

I tried Yrden but it's not at a very high level and so didn't have much of an affect on her.

caught a screencap of axii smiley

triss 26h.JPG
    1280 x 750 - 95K
    triss 26i.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 162K
    triss 26d.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 114K
    triss 26c.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 128K
    triss 26f.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 162K

eek geralt's enhanced ursine steel sword turned into a blunt sword

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    Mistara said:

Ouch, how'z that happened....????

The weekend is here, I will finally be able to try again LOL

glaseye said:
    Mistara said:

Ouch, how'z that happened....????

noticed after fighting bad guy at kate's.  next bandit fight

The weekend is here, I will finally be able to try again LOL

good luck!

edited July 2017

a couple of the cabaret quest parts and closed city and closed city ii quests smiley   added to Late Night in game playlist

having to splice up the priscilla quest, so i wont need to age restrict the whole video >.<

i bought one of those mic arms, i'se a bit less mumbly sounding.
    learned how to brighten and contrast in sony movie edit.

shopping for a new mic.  cartoids, condensed, dynamic 
    is confusing srill

Mistara said:

reload an earlier save and find a blacksmith or armorer to repair that thing!

unless it's one of those scenarios in the game where geralt has to use a wooden sword or a blunt sword for some quest reason, and the game doesn't automatically re-equip your good sword afterward.  then the ursine should still be lurking in your inventory.

j

Well, after dying a half dozen more times (even after reloading a save right before I walked through the door and spending all my points) I decided that I do indeed need to level up more. So I wandered a bit and found a couple plant things, took another half dozen tries but I killed them and decided that I'd probably better go back to velen. Well there I found an abandoned village somewhere off in the east with about 5 or 6 of giant spider things (that all had that nice little red skull icon LOL) and I managed to kill all but the last one that always seemed to just get me before I got it.

It was not a very productive witcher weekend.

i lost a fistfight to 2 lvl 11 hooligans at rautler's house.  so embarrassing.

edited August 2017

ean into Lambert at a pub.  he doesnt want to play gqwent.

playlist from next vid, priscilla quest:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPq9Rg5T5Fs&index=18&list=PL_VWd37rUL0ERmYmB34S1BapbIPQNXycT

28d.PNG
    1280 x 720 - 663K
    28e.PNG
    1280 x 720 - 985K
    28f.PNG
    1280 x 720 - 1M

You'll get another chance, at Kaer Morhen........

And, yes, fistfights are not exactly my strong point either..... cheeky ; I'd rather face a higher level Griffin, that having to fistfight 2 lower leveled thugs....frown

Mistara said:

ean into Lambert at a pub.  he doesnt want to play gqwent.

playlist from next vid, priscilla quest:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPq9Rg5T5Fs&index=18&list=PL_VWd37rUL0ERmYmB34S1BapbIPQNXycT

Oh, I remember that quest. I just finished it right before I went after Bruxa LOL

if you catch lambert as he's leaving at the conclusion of Following the Thread--right after you kill Jad Karadin--he'll play gwent with you then. 

j

Thaler the spy guy had the Geralt Gwent card!

I play Gwent as little as possible LOL

I think I only lost 1 time in all the times I played, then I got to the part where I had to play over the one guy's life against the thug and lost pretty badly. oops, sorry fella.

i lost in the novingrad high stakes tournemant. >.< but it let me play out the quest anyway.

Thaler promised shoeses to the trolls.

carried around red paint for a quest, turned out to be for a troll.

Dykstra has a troll in his basement.  i know there a quest coming at some point have to choose between Dkstra or Vernon.

jardine said:

if you catch lambert as he's leaving at the conclusion of Following the Thread--right after you kill Jad Karadin--he'll play gwent with you then. 

j

That is IF you decide to kill.....choices and consequences...... cheekywink

Mistara said:

i know there a quest coming at some point have to choose between Dkstra or Vernon.

That depends on earlier decisions made, So that quest may not come at all......

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    Mistara said:

Have you been sharpening it every time you pass a blacksmith?

prixat said:
    Mistara said:

Have you been sharpening it every time you pass a blacksmith?

ohh. no i hasnt  doh

i up/ld my playthru of priscilla quest to Late Night in game playlist.  flagged 3 files to enable age restriction.
    not sure they can show up for anybody without direct link
    no idea how it works

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Still here????

((((you didn't get the real killer......))))

glaseye said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Still here????

wahhh?  

is it cause i didnt choose other question in quick decision time?

edited August 2017
    Mistara said:
    glaseye said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Still here????

wahhh?  

YEP......

The biggest, but at the same time also the most 'hidden', clues to who the real killer is are in the conversation between the doctor and the coroner when you 1st visted the morgue.... and don't forget Geralt's observations about the abilities the murderer has.....

No 2nd chance to get him/her though.......

Though Nathaniel deserved to die anyway, given his history...

Post edited by glaseye on
    glaseye said:
    Mistara said:
    glaseye said:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Still here????

wahhh?  

YEP......

The biggest, but at the same time also the most 'hidden', clues to who the real killer is are in the conversation between the doctor and the coroner when you 1st visted the morgue.... and don't forget Geralt's observations about the abilities the murderer has.....

No 2nd chance to get him/her though.......

Though Nathaniel deserved to die anyway, given his history...

doh dunno if i have a save point to go back to.  
    did a couple quests since then.  would have to do the shoeses trolls again.

this moi 2nd killer fail.  >.<  the lighthouse wraiths quest in skellige.

A save before visiting Netty would do.... (haven't viewed al your video's yet, so don't know how far you've advanced in the mean time.....)

On a side note, you are playing on the xbox, right? The videos appear to be quit dark to me, even in daytime, compared to what I'm used to on my PC version..... specific settings you like????