Problems with posting in forums

williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This has been going on a while. Every time I try to post, I either get a page where I am required to log in or a blank posting page. The log in page doesn't work and the blank posting page wipes out my text. I have to keep going back and hitting the Submit Post button several times before I can get it to post.

Is this an Internet Explorer or website problem? It's very annoying especially since I have to keep going back sometimes up to ten times before it will post.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

AS no one else has mentioned this, or said that they are having a problem, it could well be something your end. Try clearing your cache and closing your browser, and then reopening the browser to a fresh instance of it, before logging in to Daz again.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

I've had this happen here in the past - I believe clearing the browser cache will fix the issue.

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    AS no one else has mentioned this, or said that they are having a problem, it could well be something your end. Try clearing your cache and closing your browser, and then reopening the browser to a fresh instance of it, before logging in to Daz again.

I was wondering why I didn't see any other complaints about it which is why I thought it could be an IE problem. I usually have to log in each time at the DAZ site and I have tried clearing the cache and closing the browser. This has been happening for several weeks. I've only gotten around to saying something about it now.

It's doing it for this post only now it's just the password page:

After logging in, I get this:

The following errors were encountered
    The existing username and/or password you submitted are not valid
    Return to Previous Page

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Try logging out again and then while on the forum home page go up to the log in ......that usually works for me .......

edited January 2013

I just tried it. Let's see if it works. It could be Norton's Identity Safe messing with it too. I've had some problems with that lately.

It only happened once and then I only had the blank posting page. I think it's Norton causing all the problems since it's been very problematic lately. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it with not much luck.

Post edited by williamboswell on
    edited December 1969

It seems to be working now. Thanks.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Have you tried a different browser?

Which AV/antimalware software?

Have you done a recent full malware scan?

Did you, by any chance, not accept a cookie for this site? Restrict DAZ cookies in any way?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I've had no problems in the forum for probably months now.

However if you take too long writing a message it will not post it. I don't know how long is too long, probably to due with a session cookie or something. And I have a bad habit of starting a message then getting caught up with something in Real Life like eating dinner. :-)

I usually recognize that it's been a long time since I started writing so I CTRL-A, CTRL-C, click post and if it doesn't work start the reply process anew and CTRL-P.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Have you tried a different browser? No. I had used Firefox before and I had too many problems with it crashing. I don't have any problems with IE9 on other site's forums. Just here.

Which AV/antimalware software? Norton Internet Security 2012. It's Identity Safe program sometimes has problems logging in and I suspect it could be causing problems.

Have you done a recent full malware scan? Yes. No problems.

Did you, by any chance, not accept a cookie for this site? Restrict DAZ cookies in any way? Cookies are on for DAZ.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    I've had no problems in the forum for probably months now.

However if you take too long writing a message it will not post it. I don't know how long is too long, probably to due with a session cookie or something. And I have a bad habit of starting a message then getting caught up with something in Real Life like eating dinner. :-)

I usually recognize that it's been a long time since I started writing so I CTRL-A, CTRL-C, click post and if it doesn't work start the reply process anew and CTRL-P.

q

I think this might have something to do with it. Sometimes I start to write a message then get involved in something else or take too long finishing it. Then it won't post.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

whbos said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Have you tried a different browser? No. I had used Firefox before and I had too many problems with it crashing. I don't have any problems with IE9 on other site's forums. Just here.

Which AV/antimalware software? Norton Internet Security 2012. It's Identity Safe program sometimes has problems logging in and I suspect it could be causing problems.

NIS 2012 is one of the ones that has been a problem here...it and Kaspersky are more likely to cause difficulties with this site than almost any other AV app. Make sure it is up to date and that it has minimal restrictions on this site...

edited December 1969

Thank you. I'll check that. I'm waiting for NIS 2012 to expire so I can get rid of it. I've had nothing but problems with it since the last update especially with Identity Safe. It is always updated.