Young Teen Laura

Just realized I have several characters for her and almost bought another, but I can't find her in my purchase history! I could have sworn I got her ages ago, but can't find her. Any chance she can return to the store or should I contact CS?

Comments

• timetwisttimetwist Posts: 52

It might not show up if you are using "Laura" as your keyword.  Do you happen to own:

http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-kids-young-teens

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

She's listed as "Millennium Kids - Young Teens Upgrade" in my purchase history.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Ah yes! Thanks! Weird that products for her were not linking to it so I thought it was vaulted...  

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

Keep in mind that although you can buy the base figures for the Mill Teens 3, the head and body morph sets are unavailable, which is pretty strange, I mean why they would vault the morphs but keep the bases. Basically if you get any characters whose shape needs the morphs then you will have some problems

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567
    timetwist said:

It might not show up if you are using "Laura" as your keyword.  Do you happen to own:

http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-kids-young-teens

It's sad i have that and have never used it, LOL

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Havos said:

Keep in mind that although you can buy the base figures for the Mill Teens 3, the head and body morph sets are unavailable, which is pretty strange, I mean why they would vault the morphs but keep the bases. Basically if you get any characters whose shape needs the morphs then you will have some problems

I didn't even know there were head and body morphs for Laura.  I have several of the characters for her.  I checked and all of them seem to indicate that they used custom morphs and not use any other head and body morphs.  It's hard to tell, though, when the product pages for those older products don't always have the requirements linked.  I'll probably have to attempt to render all of my Laura girls some time soon and see if I have any problems.  I don't think I've actually rendered any of them other than the base Laura figure one time when I first got the Millennium kids packages.

edited March 2017
    Havos said:

I didn't even know there were head and body morphs for Laura.  I have several of the characters for her.  I checked and all of them seem to indicate that they used custom morphs and not use any other head and body morphs.  It's hard to tell, though, when the product pages for those older products don't always have the requirements linked.  I'll probably have to attempt to render all of my Laura girls some time soon and see if I have any problems.  I don't think I've actually rendered any of them other than the base Laura figure one time when I first got the Millennium kids packages.

Requirements that no longer exist in the store are not listed, but they are still required to work as designed. Naturally there is no link for the old morph pack on this site but I found a link from some Japanese affiliate site which contains the primary image of the morph pack.

http://playfulwanderer.net/3dcg-possession/young-teens-morph-pack/

Post edited by Havos on
    Havos said:
    Havos said:

Requirements that no longer exist in the store are not listed, but they are still required to work as designed. Naturally there is no link for the old morph pack on this site but I found a link from some Japanese affiliate site which contains the primary image of the morph pack.

Weird!  I wonder why they would keep the preschooler morphs available and not the teen morphs if they are needed for other things.  They should be DOs so it's not like the vendor disappeared from the store and took all of their stuff with them.  I'll still try out what I have and see if they look like their promo pictures or if they do anything at all.  If not, I don't know what I'd do.  I got them super cheap and the 30 days are long past gone for a return.  I'd still be able to use the textures though so that's a plus.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    Havos said:
    Havos said:

Weird!  I wonder why they would keep the preschooler morphs available and not the teen morphs if they are needed for other things.  They should be DOs so it's not like the vendor disappeared from the store and took all of their stuff with them.  I'll still try out what I have and see if they look like their promo pictures or if they do anything at all.  If not, I don't know what I'd do.  I got them super cheap and the 30 days are long past gone for a return.  I'd still be able to use the textures though so that's a plus.

The missing morphs has been discussed several times before, I suspect it's an error, if so it will probably not be fixed unless someone asks DAZ.

Any mods here? Can you please ask Daz? I may even have them but can't find them  in my purchase history.

Taozen said:
    Havos said:
    Havos said:

The missing morphs has been discussed several times before, I suspect it's an error, if so it will probably not be fixed unless someone asks DAZ.

I'll try to push up the Laura project to see if what I have needs them.  If I find that I do, I'll be putting in a support ticket.  Might even put in a ticket requesting they be added back in even if I find I don't.  Seems like they really should still be available given that other older head and body morphs still are.

Yes, I'll try Laura later in Poser and see what kind of morphs she has if any. I have cute Thorne characters for her so they should work without the morphs but I won't be able to do expressions. UNLESS the early generations had morphs/expressions included and it wasn't till V3 when they had to be injected. I think Laura came out when it was still V2, but I could be wrong...

From what I remember reading there were some base expressions in the base pack so there should be some in there.  

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited March 2017

Named character bases (other than Victoria and Michael) started with gen3 I think. I do remember that Laura has the same UV as V3, and there are a few add-on character skins which had promos of Laura, V3 and (I'm pretty sure) Stephanie Petite all wearing the same skin.

Post edited by JOdel on
    JOdel said:

Named character bases (other than Victoria and Michael) started with gen3 I think. I do remember that Laura has the same UV as V3, and there are a few add-on character skins which had promos of Laura, V3 and (I'm pretty sure) Stephanie Petite all wearing the same skin.

All of the generation 3 figures, ie male and female are based off a single mesh and UV, so can wear each others skins.

• Havos said:
    JOdel said:

All of the generation 3 figures, ie male and female are based off a single mesh and UV, so can wear each others skins.

But they are not the same figure. We did get at least Stephanie as a separate figure in the previous generation, and I think also Aiko.

Any mods here? Can you please ask Daz? I may even have them but can't find them  in my purchase history.

They're called "Young Teens Morph Pack".

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    Havos said:
    JOdel said:

I didn't know this. Thanks for posting that info!

edited March 2017
    Havos said:
    JOdel said:

But they are not the same figure. We did get at least Stephanie as a separate figure in the previous generation, and I think also Aiko.

They are different figures in the sense that they all have a separate obj file and cr2 file, but the they are all based on the same underlying mesh, just morphed differently to create the obj for each one. Thus the UV layouts are identical, and hence they can share skins.

Post edited by Havos on
  • Havos said:
    Havos said:
    JOdel said:

They are different figures in the sense that they all have a separate obj file and cr2 file, but the they are all based on the same underlying mesh, just morphed differently to create the obj for each one. Thus the UV layouts are identical, and hence they can share skins.

Yes (though the UVs do vary a bit, look at the eyebrows on the same map applied to different figures - and the grouping varied a bit too, which limits the options for swapping morphs on the male figures).

edited March 2017

Havos said:
    JOdel said:

Aiko 3 is a bit different, there is a problem with the leg textures, that's why Ibis for V3 has a special texture that works for Aiko 3. Same with Carina for V3, here you must use the P5P6 mat for Aiko 3 otherwise you get the same problem. Not sure about the technicalities behind it though.

v3_mats_on_a3.jpg
    504 x 1420 - 108K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • Taozen said:

Havos said:
    JOdel said:

Aiko 3 is a bit different, there is a problem with the leg textures, that's why Ibis for V3 has a special texture that works for Aiko 3. Same with Carina for V3, here you must use the P5P6 mat for Aiko 3 otherwise you get the same problem. Not sure about the technicalities behind it though.

I had forgotten about that - Aiko 3 (and Hiro 3, as I recall) had an extra material zone/surface in the legs compared to V3/M3 - the UVs were (nearly) the same, just the way the mesh was divided.

Taozen said:

Havos said:
    JOdel said:

I had forgotten about that - Aiko 3 (and Hiro 3, as I recall) had an extra material zone/surface in the legs compared to V3/M3 - the UVs were (nearly) the same, just the way the mesh was divided.

You can still share skins between A3 and H3 with the other generation 3 characters, but not by simply applying the same mat file, due to this extra mat zones. If you go into the surfaces tab and copy the SkinTorso settings into those for SkinThigh, SkinKnee, and SkinShin and it will work. So in short they can all wear the same skins, it just takes a few more clicks in some cases (ie A3 and H3). Attached is A3 using V3's standard skin.

A3 with V3 Skin.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 70K