CORRECT PATH

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
edited December 1969 in New Users

What does one do when- at installation- the installation path is blank and the 'browse' tab has to be used?

What I mean is: I have several products I cannot use because I cannot seem to select the correct installation path myself. Even if I place them in a familiar Daz or Poser directory, and even if they appear in the directory tree (if that's what it's called), product icons don't pop up.

That doesn't happen when a product already has an installation path.

I'd like to use the products I downloaded, but I cannot put them in the correct place. I've tried placing the product files in 'runtime' files, 'material' files, ect...

(I wish all the products had a path already listed. I have the same problem with extracting ZIP files because even when I think I've located the correct path- or file to place them in- they either do not appear or do not work. Products that have installers and installation paths, generally seem to work fine.)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385
    edited December 1969

For DS your file path should be C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library. If you aren't seeing the products then open DS and right click on the Content Library tab and select "Content DB Maintenance" once the screen opens check off "Re-Import Metadata"

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

Where the path is: 'YOUR NAME', my actual name should appear? (That was confusing me a bit.)

Thanks especially for replying to this post.

This problem has caused me a lot of headache and bills.

edited December 1969

yes the name of your computer will show in that area. example, mine is C:\Users\Frank\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

edited December 1969

Oh, so...

Let me rephrase that.

Are you referring to the name of the computer? Or the name of the owner?

I put a funny name on a (different) computer one time.

Sounds like I'll need to double-check this computer to make sure I have the correct name to enter.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

Open the My Documents folder, find your Daz3D folder open it, open the Studio folder, select the My Library Folder. Your Explorer Window should now Have the FULL path listed in the File Path at the top. That is the Path you Install into.

EDIT to Add Select the Path to get the FULL path to show C:\Users\Jeffery\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library is mine

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

The owners name

edited December 1969

I'll get to work on it.

Thanks both of you!