Hair Doesn't Stay On Head With New Poses

bobby77bobby77 Posts: 21
edited December 1969 in New Users

Another basic question: When I apply a "Comic Book" preset pose to my M4 Gio model, he kicks into gear, but the hair stays where it was. How do I "Glue" the hair to his head!?

Thanks guys!

Bob

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Another basic question: When I apply a "Comic Book" preset pose to my M4 Gio model, he kicks into gear, but the hair stays where it was. How do I "Glue" the hair to his head!?

Thanks guys!

Bob

Hair doesn't always parent to the head, if you right click on the hair and choose 'change parent. you should get a list of what's in the scene, choose the character and expand the little arrows until you reach Head then click ok, hopefully that will do it. :-)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

You can also go into the parameters tab with the hair highlighted and fit the hair to the figure.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

oh yes.. oops :red:

• bobby77bobby77 Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Super! Did the Hair-->Parent relationship and--BLAM!--hair stays on! Meanwhile, I had another question posted that nobody has answered. Maybe one of you guys would shoot me a quick solution: how do I SAVE or EXPORT a character with his hair, clothing, and pose in ONE FILE so that I can IMPORT it into another scene? Simple answer?? THANKS!!!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Just save the Figure, hair, clothing and pose as a Daz Scene file as you would normally and then use the "File > Merge" function to load it in to any scene of your choice.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tip on Merge Files. I use them all the time, just remember to only save the character. No lights, those darn things will merge also.

• bobby77bobby77 Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Hey, thanks to both of you for that input.

Jaderail... but when I save the character only, I assume what you mean is that I save the whole LIST** of DSF files for the character, hair, clothing, etc., YES? Then I have to MERGE all of them into the new scene? Or is there a shortcut?

**DSF Character File, DSF Shaping File, DSF Pose File, DSF Materials File, DSF Shader File. <<-- All of these, correct?</p>

edited June 2012

Short cut is easy. Open your Save folder in DS and RIGHT click your saved character. It will all load at one time.

And YES save everything about your Character. Just nothing else. I just delete untill nothing is left but the character and then do the save as scene.

Just save as SCENE that is the only one you need to save. File>Save as>Scene

That saves you from doing more than one SAVE or load.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Darn that is not very clear.

Get just your Built Character in your viewport. In the Scene Tab remove anything that is not your Character, Be sure you keep the hair clothes just no lights or background props.

Goto FILE menu goto Save As the first choice is Scene Pick it. Give it a Name and save.

It will save to the same Folder you have open in your Content Tab. So pick a folder you wish to have it appear in.

To Load the full character, open the content folder you saved it into. You should have a thumbnail icon. Right click the thumbnail and pick MERGE. The full character will load, hair, clothing and all.

One Save and one Load.