What's Poser, What's Not?

I'm a big fan of DAZ characters, but I use Poser.  I'm participating less in Daz sales, in large part because more and more items are Daz specific. That's to be expected, but I'd like to be able to see clearly what's for Poser and what's not without having to click on every single item. 

Those artists that are still putting the effort into Poser are not getting my eyeballs because I'm spending less time looking at too many things that won't work on my system.  I may give up looking before I even get to them.

I know there is a scan for characters (V4 vs genesis), and in the past that has helped, but now that Sets and props are no longer all being made Poser compatible there's no blanket test that I can screen for. 

Or is there and I'm missing it?  Can I screen these March Madness (which used to cost me a bundle) promotions (buy one and get X% discount, buy 2 and get Y% discount) to weed out non-Poser offerings?

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,090
    edited March 2017

The Chrome version of the browser addon (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1) has a software filter, where you can check and uncheck checkboxes, to indicate that you are only interested in Poser, and nothing else. This will hide all products from the store that are only for other software. Keep in mind, that this relies on the Daz Store specifications, so it's only as accurate as the "Compatible Software:" lines for the products.

Post edited by Ati on
  • I use the daz-deals plugin to hide everything that isn't Poser-compatible. It requires me to check out every new product every day, but it saves me a lot of hazzle in the long run. Note that the 'Compatible Software' listing is often wrong, so scroll down to the file list to check if it actually has Poser files.

• FossilFossil Posts: 166

While there's very little new stuff being made for Vicky four anymore, her wardrobe is soooo extensive that I don't see much need.  While I use Studio, most of my content is Poser formatted and works perfectly in Studio.  I have an older copy of Poser that I use for rigging and find that making my own items for Vicky and Mike is straight forward since all the information is freely available.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282

Thanks guys/gals. I've been using Firefox and wouldn't have known about this. I'll give it a try!  Fossil you're practical and make me laugh, and you're right; one of the things about the Vicky's has been the vast amount of supporting product that exists.