Reflective Radiance for 3Delight [Commercial]

Comments

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited March 2017

Found another way to speed up renders- maybe. I seem to remember that using Progressive Render can lower the effects of displacement but I used it in this render of Winterland. It only took about 14 minutes at 2300x1125. Without using it my render at 20 minutes was only a square in the middle about 100x100 pixels. (I use the spiral bucket order)

Reflective Radiance 3DL winterland 14minRender.png
    2000 x 1125 - 4M
    Post edited by Marshian on

Did you apply any sort of a bloom effect in post? The light looks so soft. 

Joe Webb said:

Here is another effort. Not much innovation I'm sorry to say. Only invisible boxes on the water lanters. I think I used Harvest Moon for the lighting.

The scene actually rendered out very light. Much too light for what I wanted. I may have over compensated. Then again I really did not like the way the woman turned out, so I emphasised the shadows on her.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Bike is lit by the plane only. Emissives were used on the bikes lights and the cyborg eyes, as well as the trafic light and streetlights.. 

Joe Webb said:

Very nice! Does the bike have a low setting emissive, or is it lit only by the plane?

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837
    Marshian said:

Did you apply any sort of a bloom effect in post? The light looks so soft. 

Yes, I should have mentioned I used LDP-R again. Also I used some layering and masking tricks to darken the image overall but keep the lights, and highlight areas, bright. Nothing too fancy - I try to let Studio do most of the work :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,798
    Marshian said:

Found another way to speed up renders- maybe. I seem to remember that using Progressive Render can lower the effects of displacement but I used it in this render of Winterland. It only took about 14 minutes at 2300x1125. Without using it my render at 20 minutes was only a square in the middle about 100x100 pixels. (I use the spiral bucket order)

wait you are usually not using progressive? I get way better results with progressive rendering in anythign that renders in 3delight

Oh My and Wow! I stopped using it because (long time ago) when I was rendering Stonemasons Winter Terrains in Progressive there were big holes opening in the mesh. I suppose maybe it was a bug in 3DL or something with those models in particular. 

Linwelly said:
    Marshian said:

wait you are usually not using progressive? I get way better results with progressive rendering in anythign that renders in 3delight

Nice development of the viking boat dawnblade and I like those lantersn very much Joe!.

Here is a portrait with the aim for a realistic view,  I used the day/ brown ground, this got rather reduced amounts of refelctive light and I out in a lighter gray for the reflective light.

This is as it came out of the renderer, I made some colour adjustments in postwork which can be seen in my thread

Marshian said:

Oh My and Wow! I stopped using it because (long time ago) when I was rendering Stonemasons Winter Terrains in Progressive there were big holes opening in the mesh. I suppose maybe it was a bug in 3DL or something with those models in particular. 

Linwelly said:
    Marshian said:

probably a different problem with the mesh that only became visible in the progressive.. but all my renders are progressive so I don't get much trouble with that and as far as I know its pretty much the standard by now.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Some stuff doesn't render properly with progressive. Some stuff looks way better.

part of the fun of using 3dl

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Linwelly said:

Nice development of the viking boat dawnblade and I like those lantersn very much Joe!.

Here is a portrait with the aim for a realistic view,  I used the day/ brown ground, this got rather reduced amounts of refelctive light and I out in a lighter gray for the reflective light.

This is as it came out of the renderer, I made some colour adjustments in postwork which can be seen in my thread

Thank you @Linwelly! Very nice work!

Two more:

test_uf5_2_yamaki.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    test_uf5_3_cam_3_yamaki_PP2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

Nice hacsart, that aqua glow- the new Stonemason set in the background? 

I found another render, a still life of the curious tea props. I used the interior preset with spotlights pointed straight down. This provided some tasty bounce light off the table.

Now that's a nice one, Marshian!.. yes the new Urban Future 5 - saw it and promptly blew my DAz budget for a few months...

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Marshian said:

Nice hacsart, that aqua glow- the new Stonemason set in the background? 

I found another render, a still life of the curious tea props. I used the interior preset with spotlights pointed straight down. This provided some tasty bounce light off the table.

Wow this makes me want to use that tea set.  Love the point of view, its really beautiful!

working on implementing a candle effect - round 1...

candletest_rr3_2.jpg
    1050 x 1050 - 723K
  • Used KindredArts new space HDRIs for Iray with RR3 plus some emissives for the only light.  It needs some more light and a better skydome/environment to show the backgrounds.

space hdri

edited April 2017

Latest one using the emissive shaders... Really a useful product!

crucible_forge_test_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 866K
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    hacsart said:

This is very cool!

hacsart said:

Great use of it! I really like that one

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited April 2017

I just use the Portrait Light set - this has now become my favorite 3DL portrait lighting!

I used V4's Warrior Maiden Okami texture on G2F, and had to fight with the surfaces to get it to look good, and then had to fight again to find the right lighting.  Thanks Marshian!

01 Kaori w-Reflective Radience 03 Close Up Final.jpg
    1200 x 923 - 445K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

Dracorn, your efforts were well spent, excellent render!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Thanks FirePro9!   I meant it when I had to fight to get this one.  The V4 to G2F converter (for Poser materials) doesn't always include the maps and sets the skin to plastic.  I had to fiddle around with the subsurfaces quite a bit.  The lighting gave me fits too.  But the Reflective Radience portait settings were a breeze to customize.

I dont know what happened but I stopped getting notices that new posts were going up.  What a treat to see the activity here!

Thanks for sharing.

Where is the thread for your new one? I'll get it as soon as May brings new money.. I love MC Esher works soe that is pure genious and I want to know how it works

edited April 2017

I'll wager its posed grouped primitives with captive cameras....  wink

Linwelly said:

Where is the thread for your new one? I'll get it as soon as May brings new money.. I love MC Esher works soe that is pure genious and I want to know how it works

Post edited by hacsart on

And one more using emissives surfaces and an invisible emitting plane...

uf5_test3_1A.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 881K

Yes, the cameras and props for Impossible Objects are specifically intertwingled.wink 

Yep.. I can see how that works.. took me a long time to work out the angles on this - three cubes lined up just so, with the proper camera angle.. I can really appreciate al the work you muts have put into that new set..

Marshian said:

Yes, the cameras and props for Impossible Objects are specifically intertwingled.wink 

mime_cube_a2.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 74K
    hacsart said:

Yep.. I can see how that works.. took me a long time to work out the angles on this - three cubes lined up just so, with the proper camera angle.. I can really appreciate al the work you muts have put into that new set..

Marshian said:

Nice one, did you use the reflective radiance emissive shader for that one hascart? I was wondering if it will work in 3delight

Yep.. Reflective Radiance "Night" preset with an emissive shader on the cube object.. Set the emissiive strength  to 200% and the reflective light bounce strength to 180. UE2 light at 75% intensity, and shading rate of .10 Rendered fairly quickly in 3dl...

Linwelly said:

Nice one, did you use the reflective radiance emissive shader for that one hascart? I was wondering if it will work in 3delight