Reflective Radiance for 3Delight [Commercial]

MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
edited August 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Reflective Radiance for 3Delight

Reflective Radiance for 3Delight simulates real-world lighting as colors and light from nearby objects bounce onto each other. Similar to Iray, position your lights as you would in the real world. The big difference in setup time is that the lights retain the same strength regardless of distance from your subject. You have the ability to control the amount of light bouncing and occlusion level separately. All lights are easily adjusted using settings that are familiar.

If you are new to 3Delight or coming back to it you will enjoy these advantages over Iray: The ability to turn off cast shadows, use AoA grass shaders, quicker atmospheric cameras, strong displacement effects, dark scenes without grain, and the easy use of skydomes.

There are 23 presets that use a combination of distant lights, reflective, and image-based lighting to depict different times of day, weather conditions, ground cover, and alien planets. For figures there is a three-light portrait setup and a set of spotlights for interiors.

There are eight emissive light shaders that turn any surface into a light source when used with the Reflective Light. Turn the bounce level up on this light for the full effect.

Nine adjustment shaders are included to help convert surfaces for speed or from Iray materials. These adjustments do not have maps, they merely convert surfaces.

Minimizing opacity/alpha maps will help to speed up your renders.

Here is the ReadMe.

Feel free to post any questions or renders here.

Post edited by Marshian on

Comments

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 180

Is it faster with a CPU for rendering then Iray? For old PCs ?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    E.Bru said:

Is it faster with a CPU for rendering then Iray? For old PCs ?

Yes, when you compare to Iray render on CPU its faster

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2017

Thats a good question E.Bru. I believe my tester was using a PC but I dont know the age of it. What I am sure of is that with my 3 year old Imac (with no hardware upgrades) the renders frequently completed faster than Iray. If the 3Delight scene had a lot of opacity maps the renders took longer, about the same as Iray. Another factor in render time is the amount of AoA or Ubersurface shaders used in the scene.

The scene below took about 30 minutes in both Iray and 3Delight.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

This went into the cart immediately. Thanks for supporting 3Delight, that's still my favorite render engine.

Thank you Leana! Means a lot to hear this. I hope this light set gives 3Delight a big boost.  

Leana said:

This went into the cart immediately. Thanks for supporting 3Delight, that's still my favorite render engine.

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Ohh neat. I use both render engines.

Looks like a very useful addition to 3Delight. Sitting in my cart ready for checkout, still contemplating if there's anything else I need to buy. 

I will throw this link in where you can see some of the environment light sets http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2195011/#Comment_2195011

each of these were don in less than 5 minutes

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

oooh... ooooooh... OOOOOOOOOH!!!

In my cart it goes!

From all us 3Delight fans, you ROCK Marshian!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited March 2017

Seriously, I had asked about reflective light in shadow in the 3Delight Laboratory about a year ago and was disappointed that I received no comments.  So I am absolutely thrilled​ that you created this. 

I have a power machine that has the capacity to render in Iray, but chose 3Delight - there are many things I prefer about it (better looking hair and no grain, for a couple of examples), but I have always drooled over Iray's emissive lighting. 

So again, thank you so much for supporting 3Delight - there are still many 3DL fans out there, and not just people with older computers. 

...any chance you might tackle Iray's metalicity some day?  Specifically, metal motifs in fabric, with reflective and matt surfaces.

Post edited by dracorn on

dracorn! It is so good to read your post. Exactly the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I felt it was a risk to create another 3Delight product but when I solved a couple problems, found a great tester, and discovered some recent updates with D|S I just had to follow through. I've been working on this product off and on for over three years. Your post is confirmation this was worth it.

The metalicity on fabric where part of the pattern is reflective and the rest is a matte finish? And in 3Delight? 

edited September 2017

In another thread someone asked if the emissive shaders retain thier maps. They do when you load as (hold control) image / ignore. Same as other shaders. Below is an example using the Pavilion Walkway. The arches and supports still show woodgrain. I found it helpful to add the bump map to the emissive channel...more variation to the light.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I use both render engines as well so this looks like a great addition to the 3delight tool box.

Thank you Sonja.  I like the idea of calling this a tool- and with many tools there is a learning curve. However this set uses settings familiar to anyone who has used standard DS lighting so its quick and easy to pick up.

I use both render engines as well so this looks like a great addition to the 3delight tool box.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I am seriously looking at getting this. I do most all my stuff in 3DL. I do a lot more outdoor type scenes and hope to expand on that too. :)

Liana... I do more outdoor scenes too. Whether an exterior or interior scene it's the only light set that I'll be using for 3Delight from now on, even if the reflective light isn't used.
    Liana said:

I am seriously looking at getting this. I do most all my stuff in 3DL. I do a lot more outdoor type scenes and hope to expand on that too. :)

There are a lot of excellent outtoor light sets coming with this, and with that you actually don't need much more. See this link for more

Linwelly said:

I will throw this link in where you can see some of the environment light sets http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2195011/#Comment_2195011

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Bought it! Thank you for supporting 3Delight users! yes

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oh, how cool! I still sometimes use 3Delight and this makes it even more useful. Thank you!

edited September 2017

Here is a Linwelly render (Thank Youuuu!). Look at how the red dress is bouncing bouncing light onto the figure and how the hair is glowing, its a slight a bloom effect, so shimmery.

• ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206

As a dinosaur artist who still uses Genesis 2 and 3Delight, half the time I don't even bother paying attention to new releases. THANKFULLY I didn't miss this. You have no idea how much it means to see that there are Daz PA's who still care about the 3Delight users (or maybe you do - that had to be a lot of work to make). I'd given up on Daz's implementation of 3Delight ever getting a new tool that would give us better bounce light type effects and I've never been so happy to be wrong.

(Nothing against Iray or its users, I personally just don't find it worthwhile to invest my time and money in it. I can get very nice results with 3Delight in a decent amount of time without a specialty graphics card, so naturally I wish 3Delight compliant products weren't becoming a rarity - even though I DO realize Iray is probably where the majority of the demand is.)

Hopefully this sells well enough that we'll see more 3Delight inclusive products.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I did pick this up last night and am excited to see what I can do with it.  I look at both 3Delight and Iray as tools and depending on what I am looking for in a render, I may use one for certain things and the other for something different. 

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    Marshian said:
    Liana... I do more outdoor scenes too. Whether an exterior or interior scene it's the only light set that I'll be using for 3Delight from now on, even if the reflective light isn't used.

Linwelly said:

There are a lot of excellent outtoor light sets coming with this, and with that you actually don't need much more. See this link for more

Linwelly said:

Thanks Marshian and Linwelly :)

Marshian said:

Here is a Linwelly render (Thank Youuuu!). Look at how the red dress is bouncing bouncing light onto the figure and how the hair is glowing, its a slight a bloom effect, so shimmery.

You are very welcome! heart

edited September 2017

Here are some examples of the 23 light sets included. Most are exterior. I've included a set for interiors which can be loaded multiple times if more lights are needed, just delete the reflective light...only need one of those for sure! Or add your own lights to the reflective one. Standard D|S lights are fine when used with the reflective preset.

edited March 2017

Here is a promo (showing the portrait lights) that didn't make it to the store page.

here is another one with the environmental light preset, this one is the mid morning, no additional light used

You can really see it happening on the hands and her nose- the reflective light. Its like the "velvet" setting in ubersurface only much more accurate because it only exists where it should and not everywhere. Looks like you used an emissive shader on her face. Nice! Thanks for posting.

edited September 2017

Here is an example of the emissive shaders applied to a figure. All maps can be retained. The blue glow is only from the figure.

Marshian said:

You can really see it happening on the hands and her nose- the reflective light. Its like the "velvet" setting in ubersurface only much more accurate because it only exists where it should and not everywhere. Looks like you used an emissive shader on her face. Nice! Thanks for posting.

Yes the glowing dots and line on her face are done with an emissive shader

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

My experience with arealight and uberenvironment indirect light and so on is that the renders end up taking as long as Iray CPU mode... are these much faster?