How to rig clothes and hair onto Victoria 4.2 figure?

Is there a way to rig clothes onto a Victoria 4.2 figure so that when moving body parts (posing) the clothing moves with the body parts?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Are they conforming clothes?    ready made, or ones you have made yourself?  

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,070
    edited March 2017
    Chohole said:

Are they conforming clothes?    ready made, or ones you have made yourself?  

They are ready-made.  Purchased them through the Renderosity and Daz 3D sites.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2017

So they are already rigged to fit.  All you need to do is conform them to the figure  (I think in DS it is Fit to)   In poser I would select the clothes main file and then find the dialogue that says conform to V4 and tick that.  I am sure it is something very similar with the fit to dialogue in DS.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thanks for replying, I got that figured out.  It's surprising that it took no time at all.

Now, I do have one problem.  I try to move the leg to the side, but the skirt does not move with the leg, as is shown in this image:

How do I allow the leg to move to the side and move the skirt with it?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

That is due to the Poser rigging system.  There may be handle bones to adjust the skirt in the clothing or it may be done with morphs.

• I'm having similiar issues. Except that these are clothes I've made myself. Most of them I created for G2F and G3F, but I've had people ask that I convert them to V4. I have a copy of Pser 10, but don't know how to use it really well (I got it as part of a package of programs I got on sale. Tried it out, but I found the UI to be very clunky in comparison to Daz3D). If someone can give me any help on how to rig V4 clothing or convert the G2F clothing I already have to V4, I'd really appreciate it.