Intermittent Shader Errors

Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

I know the answer to this is going to be something simple...

I've been having an issue with DAZ Studio 4.5 locking up when I attempt to apply different shaders.

In this case it happens with the Day Job Shaders.

I will start DS and open the scene I am working on. Go to the Scene tab, select the asset in question. Switch to the Surfaces tab, drop down the asset and pick the subsection. Then navigate to the Shader through the Content tab. Pick the Shader to use an apply.

DS will then apply the Shader, but the pointer will remain as a hand, as if DS is in the process of doing something.

No matter how long I wait, DS will never recover from the "stick." The only option is to force close DS.

I have reinstalled the Shader package to no avail. I have run DS as Admin, but no change. I have opened a different scene and experimentally added the same Shader to find the same results.

Most other shaders will apply with no problem, but I have encountered this same behavior with others as well (about 25% of the time).

Any thoughts?

Post edited by Jason Galterio on

Comments

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Okay, now it seems to be working.

I opened up DS again to check the log file for anything odd, but didn't see anything.

So I tried applying the shader to the default Genesis just to see what would happen. No problem.

Reopened the previous project and attempted to apply the shader again. No problem.

:-S