March Madness Prediction Thread

I used to do the movie awards prediction game but it's been years since I've been up on current movies. But predicting stuff is fun all the same. So... I'm guessing we have.... about a day until March Madness starts. But possibly half a week! What sort of spotlight items are you expecting/hoping for?

I'm expecting something amazing from Stonemason! Probably outdoorsy!

And a tropical nature scene from Andrey Pestryakov!

And LAMH 2!

And Star's brother/boyfriend! (hey I can dream) 

....or some other anime-style couple....

and DT's Sketchy!

And some new animals!

And another interior decorating shader set from Khory!

And also, a cafe, a loft apartment and 4 expression pose sets.

wink

Comments

• I'm really hoping to see Skin Builder Pro 3 out.  That's going to be a great MR addition to the textures I already own.

• I'm really hoping to see Skin Builder Pro 3 out.  That's going to be a great MR addition to the textures I already own.

You do know DraagonStorm is no longer with us, just in case you didn't know !

Last I read, Zev0 was working with a new scripter, but I have serious doubts they're be ready for MM.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

I used to do the movie awards prediction game but it's been years since I've been up on current movies. But predicting stuff is fun all the same. So... I'm guessing we have.... about a day until March Madness starts. But possibly half a week! What sort of spotlight items are you expecting/hoping for?

I'm expecting something amazing from Stonemason! Probably outdoorsy!

And a tropical nature scene from Andrey Pestryakov!

And LAMH 2!

This all sounds good to me.  I'd like to see a few more sets in the Streets of Tuscany / Village Courtyard series.  Anything from Andrey involving large amount of  vegitation is a good thing. LAMH 2 has been promised for a while now. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991
    edited February 2017

I predict that I'm going to be severely broke at the end of MM.... crying

But I'm hoping for the occasional older generation stuff (you know, like a G2 extra pose for a G3 set... I've given up on seeing characters or clothing for the older generations here), but since that's about as rare as me winning the lottery, I am hoping for some nice additions to landscape, vehicles and interiors...

EDIT: Yes, LAMH 2 would be cool.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    BeeMKay said:

I predict that I'm going to be severely broke at the end of MM.... crying

But I'm hoping for the occasional older generation stuff (you know, like a G2 extra pose for a G3 set... I've given up on seeing characters or clothing for the older generations here), but since that's about as rare as me winning the lottery, I am hoping for some nice additions to landscape, vehicles and interiors...

EDIT: Yes, LAMH 2 would be cool.

Indeed.

• welllllllll I kinda got a few ideas of what is coming there are some new animals being made one being a squiral, new angel wings for g3, and a new alien been seeing from three content creators here not sure if they are fully ready then there's the daz testing but they are looking goodand I've seen and heard of a few other products being worked on

• I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

• You'll shoot your eye out.

I predict the Mil 4 stuff will be very much discounted (I hope) there are a few pieces I still think will be good to have. Also a DAZ female character in the beginning of the month and a DAZ Male character at the end of the month.

• I expect to see quite a lot of moaning, except during the extended periods of griping. There may also be outbreaks of consternation.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

I'm really hoping to see Skin Builder Pro 3 out.  That's going to be a great MR addition to the textures I already own.

Last I read, Zev0 was working with a new scripter, but I have serious doubts they're be ready for MM.

I bet it'll be ready. Zev0 posted that it would've been out a month or two ago if it was IRAY only. I take it they're just polising the 3Delight functionality.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

welllllllll I kinda got a few ideas of what is coming there are some new animals being made one being a squiral, new angel wings for g3, and a new alien been seeing from three content creators here not sure if they are fully ready then there's the daz testing but they are looking goodand I've seen and heard of a few other products being worked on

Secret insider knowledge! wink

I'm curious about these angel wings for G3 since I just picked up a new pair of those elseweb....

I think for the PA sale they launched it with Terra Dome, which generated a lot of excitement (it seemed to me at the time). And I hear that this MM thing is mostly about DOs. But they always hold their launches so close to their chest it's hard to guess. Which is why I keep coming back to something like a new DO Canine product... 

Oh right: two more predictions: a plant-based comic villainess to go with that clown-girl, and maybe an update to one of their other pieces of software. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I expect to see quite a lot of moaning, except during the extended periods of griping. There may also be outbreaks of consternation.

Not to mention at least one major glitch of the store.  :)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I predict that I'll already own the majority of stuff in the super-bundles/uber sales.  I'd love to see Skin Builder 3, but the fact that we just had a big ZevO sale where it seems like the release was originally planned to be makes me less confident on that.  I'm fairly sure we'll see the new art shader pack from Dimension Theory and I'm expecting First Bastion's Fire Station will show up.  

Venturing into the real of sheer guessery...RawArt will have some new and bizarre character... let's say maybe half human and half banana slug.  Ironman13 and Zeddicus will release 32 new pose sets between them, at least one of which will be for the new figure, which will confound everyone by being a G3M character clearly modeled after Sean Spicer.  We will get at least two more bar/restaurant sets, 36 pieces of skimpwear for G3F and a new pair of socks for G3M. 

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

There really aren't enough socks for G3M so that will be welcome.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,456

I expect to see quite a lot of moaning, except during the extended periods of griping. There may also be outbreaks of consternation.

Way too true! ROFL! :)

• galattgalatt Posts: 219

There will also be periods of wailing and the occassional knashing of teeth.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

And several prices changing in your cart at random times...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2017
    galatt said:

There will also be periods of wailing and the occassional knashing of teeth.

Not to mention some cheeses to go with the whine

Post edited by Chohole on
  • havsm said:

I'm really hoping to see Skin Builder Pro 3 out.  That's going to be a great MR addition to the textures I already own.

I bet it'll be ready. Zev0 posted that it would've been out a month or two ago if it was IRAY only. I take it they're just polising the 3Delight functionality.

Well, I would love to eat my words because I'll be snapping it up if it does make it to MM!  :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited February 2017

As well as everything we're expecting, there'll be lots of what we're not.

I'm going to go out on a limb and 'predict' G4 and Studio 4.10 or possilby 5.0 - probably with some skimp-wear.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Allready one thing that I expected was skipped: A Big bundle sold end of Feb that punch cards some March Maddness permanent rebate

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,309
    Renomista said:

Allready one thing that I expected was skipped: A Big bundle sold end of Feb that punch cards some March Maddness permanent rebate

I was expecting that as well, the last two years it has been Pro Packs, where you had to buy one (Mei Lin 7, I think) or both (Darius and Monique 6) to get the extra discount. The year before that it was the Viking Village that got you the 10% off throughout MM, which was a somewhat cheaper way to earn the discount.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

It's not March yet. We've still got two days for them to jump the gun.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I predict there will be lots of sales, lots of content and even more sales and more content.  I also predict there will be some complaining in the forums too

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365
    edited February 2017

Victoria 8, with 7 PA characters that look exactly like her with slight variations in the tan and makeup OR look nothing like her making you wonder why Victoria8 is required when you could have just applied it to Genesis4F... wink

Post edited by Brugan on

My goodness, so much cynicism on this thread!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Well, I will admit that I would like to see a new cat or dog (hopefully with better *feet* and an LAMH preset). And MM being the DAZ O fest, would be an excellent time to release one. And, we may well see the mysterious Mika 7, since fits for her have been turning up in a numbeer of packages. That doesn't usually happen until a product is about to go public.

But the fact is that DAZ has a track record of keeping their own coming attractions very much under wraps, so it's pretty hard to second-guess what they have stockpiled for release during this, or any other event. Historically this was the time that they released a lot of buy-outs from various vendors, many of which had previously been in other marketplaces, but it's mostly seemed to be stuff commissioned specifically for the event for the past few years.

They used to post a teaser image with tiny little hints over in the PC forum and we'd have a ball trying to guess what the images were actually of. But they haven't done that for years, either.

I do remember that for the past two years, the event has opened with a punch card sale, where the more items you buy, the bigger your discount. And both years they've dropped it at the end of the 2nd week. But the people who played along got to keep whatever discount they'd earned until the end of the event. But there is not telling whether they'll do it again this time. They tend to change the rules each year.

• 10 Bikinis

4 sets of lingerie with high heels!

2 pose sets for the ladies

2 environments (1 large 1 small)

1 outfit for the guys

and a confusing punch card sale on daz originals